World Club Challenge

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Mike
Site Admin

Re: World Club Challenge

Post by Mike »

fozzieskem wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 4:28 pm
WarriorWinger wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 12:47 pm
fozzieskem wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 4:59 pm It should be over here this time round the last couple have been down under if the match is to carry on it can't all be one way traffic.

Not sure why the vegas thing ever got mentioned that is all about promoting the NRL not SL so for me that was never ever going to fly.
I think it was becasue there is a round of NRL games in Vegas and apparently it is easier to get to than the UK so I think it was supposed to be a happy medium for an NRL club
Yea I've noted the NRL games in Vegas but that's purely,it seems to me for the NRL side of things wouldn't look to good for them would it if Wigan rocked up and beat Penrith especially while trying to sell the sport to the Americans?

Hence why I commented about it think it was pie in the sky thinking really that said who knows but the cynic in me says the an Australian only invitation to America
The american's wouldn't have any idea that Wigan wasn't in the NRL. It will be all expats anyway, just like in Denver. The momentum in the US for RL was killed dead by the RFL.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

24 February?
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 5:16 pm 24 February?
That’s the date I’ve been told too, here at the DW
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

josie andrews wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 6:06 pm
Charriots Offiah wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 5:16 pm 24 February?
That’s the date I’ve been told too, here at the DW
The Mole in Australia is reporting it but I can’t find the link!
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Mike wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 4:36 pm
fozzieskem wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 4:28 pm
WarriorWinger wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 12:47 pm

I think it was becasue there is a round of NRL games in Vegas and apparently it is easier to get to than the UK so I think it was supposed to be a happy medium for an NRL club
Yea I've noted the NRL games in Vegas but that's purely,it seems to me for the NRL side of things wouldn't look to good for them would it if Wigan rocked up and beat Penrith especially while trying to sell the sport to the Americans?

Hence why I commented about it think it was pie in the sky thinking really that said who knows but the cynic in me says the an Australian only invitation to America
The american's wouldn't have any idea that Wigan wasn't in the NRL. It will be all expats anyway, just like in Denver. The momentum in the US for RL was killed dead by the RFL.
But Australians over in the godless country will know though Mike and like I say it's not a good luck Wigan rocj up expected to roll over contribute nothing toward the event as in the planning it simply won't happen.

The egos in the NRL won't let it
Stanfax

Post by Stanfax »

morley pie eater wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 3:28 pm
Stanfax wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 12:37 am
morley pie eater wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 4:54 pm Cue a new song for the fans:

"Five stars on my shirt,
Two more than St Helens . . ."
Hahaha, that's funny! Love to see it come to fruition...
Thanks. Needs a better songwriter than me to complete it. Any offers?
I'm clueless at lyrics as well. But to give someone else more imaginative a start, "Wellens" rhymes with "St.Helens"...
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

Stanfax wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 10:43 pm
morley pie eater wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 3:28 pm
Stanfax wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 12:37 am

Hahaha, that's funny! Love to see it come to fruition...
Thanks. Needs a better songwriter than me to complete it. Any offers?
I'm clueless at lyrics as well. But to give someone else more imaginative a start, "Wellens" rhymes with "St.Helens"...
:D :D :D

The only other player I can remember whose name rhymed with the club he played for was Radford.

(Waits for some to say "But he played for Hull?")
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐