Sam Powell Has Left The Club

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Flash

Re: Sam Powell Has Left The Club

Post by Flash »

Thanks guys. I've never quite understood how nuance goes out of the window on the internet. It always seems to have to be black or white.

In Sam's case, he's been a much valued member of our team under successive trophy winning coaches. That stands as its own testament. It doesn't suggest, let alone prove, anything other than that. People said "no other team would have him" which has now been proven to be a nonsense. Even at the back end of his career at least 5 other Superleague clubs were in for his services. Most interestingly of all is the rod that "Waney didn't pick him for England therefore he mustn't rate him" being used to beat him with when it is a matter of record that Waney has said he was "the first name on the team sheet" at club level.

Equally, all that doesn't make him a world beater or even better than our current options which, I'm assuming, is why we've let him go. He's been a good servant to the club who has left in the right manner. He should go with every Wigan fan's best wishes.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Flash wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 12:23 am Thanks guys. I've never quite understood how nuance goes out of the window on the internet. It always seems to have to be black or white.

In Sam's case, he's been a much valued member of our team under successive trophy winning coaches. That stands as its own testament. It doesn't suggest, let alone prove, anything other than that. People said "no other team would have him" which has now been proven to be a nonsense. Even at the back end of his career at least 5 other Superleague clubs were in for his services. Most interestingly of all is the rod that "Waney didn't pick him for England therefore he mustn't rate him" being used to beat him with when it is a matter of record that Waney has said he was "the first name on the team sheet" at club level.

Equally, all that doesn't make him a world beater or even better than our current options which, I'm assuming, is why we've let him go. He's been a good servant to the club who has left in the right manner. He should go with every Wigan fan's best wishes.
👏🏼👏🏼
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Sam Powell opens up on Wigan Warriors exit and looks ahead to 2024 with Warrington Wolves

Sam Powell says that Wigan Warriors signing Kruise Leeming gave him all the indication he needed that his time at the club may well be over, but he holds no grudges whatsoever and wants to end his career on a high at Warrington Wolves.

Warriors academy product Powell’s exit from the DW Stadium was confirmed at the beginning of last month, sealing a move across the North West to the Halliwell Jones Stadium on a two-year deal.

11 years on from his debut, the hooker’s last game in cherry and white – his 273rd appearance for his hometown club – saw him lift the Super League trophy courtesy of a 10-2 victory against Catalans Dragons in the Grand Final at Old Trafford.

https://www.loverugbyleague.com/post/sa ... ton-wolves
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
morley pie eater

Re: Sam's Gone

Post by morley pie eater »

Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 8:54 pm All the best to the lad - he’s earnt everything he takes away from Wigan and all the arguments over his ability can now be put to bed and we can just agree he was Wigan through and through

The season he stepped up for Micky Mac was a highlight for him always gave 100%
Gracious words, Wf1985. I hope others will take note.
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
Beryl O'Neill

Post by Beryl O'Neill »

Excellent club man loyal as well I'm sure he will do well at Warrington. probably get a New lease of life good Luck for the future except against Wigan 😂👍
archiekeith

Post by archiekeith »

Beryl O'Neill wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 11:35 am Excellent club man loyal as well I'm sure he will do well at Warrington. probably get a New lease of life good Luck for the future except against Wigan 😂👍
Agree Isee Flash doesn't understand how nuance goes out of the window in the circumstances he expresses. I'd hav e thought that would be potty pessie for a n English graduate. It's difficult to express inflexion in what is a representation of a what is a "thought which is represented itself by a speech act manifested in writing eg " this is a fine country"is this praise or irony. ? Depends on the inflexion or inflection, the modularity, tone,intonation etc. Feel free to correct my spelling,grammar. I'm happy with the logic though