2024 Squad

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Brennox7

2024 Squad

Post by Brennox7 »

Does anybody think we will make any further signings/or let anyone else go?

Just thinking the players we have brought in have probably replaced the ones going.

Walters for KPP
Leeming for Powell
Thompson for Smithies
Keighran for King

Therefore suggesting we may still have cap space etc with Cust leaving.

Does anybody think we need to strengthen anywhere or are we happy?
Cheers,
Bill
Charriots Offiah

Re: 2024 Squad

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Brennox7 wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 1:57 pm Does anybody think we will make any further signings/or let anyone else go?

Just thinking the players we have brought in have probably replaced the ones going.

Walters for KPP
Leeming for Powell
Thompson for Smithies
Keighran for King

Cheers,
Bill
We have also signed Chan and Eseh
Brennox7

Post by Brennox7 »

Yeah I know pal I was stating our “bigger” signings were replacements in a sense so was wondering if people think/know if we are to expect anymore activity in the market.

Hope Eseh gets drip fed in the squad as he looks a handful!
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Powells salary will definitely be available.

No idea how much that would free up though.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Brennox7 wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 3:29 pm Yeah I know pal I was stating our “bigger” signings were replacements in a sense so was wondering if people think/know if we are to expect anymore activity in the market.

Hope Eseh gets drip fed in the squad as he looks a handful!
I expect another signing 😀
Blackpool_Pie

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

When we first signed players without knowing everyone who was leaving I was very happy. I think losing Powell to a degree and definitely losing Smithies has really taken an edge off that. We knew King was being replaced and KPP was going, but losing Smithies and now going into a season looking like Thompson is his replacement for me is really underwhelming. If Thompson was coming to bolster out forward numbers as I first thought then great but thats not how it's panned out. We haven't really bolstered our squad when you look at like for likes apart from Eseh and Chan, both of which I don't expect to see too much if at all next season
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 3:04 pm
Brennox7 wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 1:57 pm Does anybody think we will make any further signings/or let anyone else go?

Walters for KPP
Leeming for Powell
Thompson for Smithies
Keighran for King

Cheers,
Bill
We have also signed Chan and Eseh
While true I'd be very surprised if we see either of them next year maybe the year after for Eseh as for Chan I'm not sure.

Not sure there's space left now cap wise to bring anyone else in,Smithees leaving is both annoying and unexpected I really hope he would do a KPP and see his deal out before chasing the NRL dollar oh well not to be.
Brennox7

Post by Brennox7 »

Blackpool_Pie wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 6:41 pm When we first signed players without knowing everyone who was leaving I was very happy. I think losing Powell to a degree and definitely losing Smithies has really taken an edge off that. We knew King was being replaced and KPP was going, but losing Smithies and now going into a season looking like Thompson is his replacement for me is really underwhelming. If Thompson was coming to bolster out forward numbers as I first thought then great but thats not how it's panned out. We haven't really bolstered our squad when you look at like for likes apart from Eseh and Chan, both of which I don't expect to see too much if at all next season
I agree mate, this is what I was getting at 👍