NEWCASTLE KNIGHTS have been rocked by the serious injury to former Wigan Warriors star Kai Pearce-Paul.

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

Re: NEWCASTLE KNIGHTS have been rocked by the serious injury to former Wigan Warriors star Kai Pearce-Paul.

Post by josie andrews »

keptinthedarkfans wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 3:19 pm
Hattster wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 3:09 pm
keptinthedarkfans wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 2:23 pm

The report says he played a lot of last season injected up. So obviously a serious problem. Nothing to do with him going to nrl Wigan had a duty of care to kpp. And at no point should a players welfare put before any game regardless of importance. Suprised you think trophies come before a young lads career
It's all down to the NRL clubs wanting their own way and a bag to put it in thats all. I mean it's not as if Wigan pinned KPP down to give him an injection for gods sake. The NRL have the best medical teams on the planet if you believe their own hype, obviously not that good though. I dn't hear Wigan moaning when Burgess came over with a dodgy hip we just got on with it
Your kidding we were in meltdown we still
Moan about it yet
The fans maybe.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
jobo

Re: NEWCASTLE KNIGHTS have been rocked by the serious injury to former Wigan Warriors star Kai Pearce-Paul.

Post by jobo »

keptinthedarkfans wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 3:08 pm
josie andrews wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 2:31 pm He didn’t play most of last season ‘injected up’ it was in the last few games & he said it was a minor injury. He pulled out of the England tournament to enable it to heal obviously it is still causing a problem.
I can only go off what the report says they obviously got it off someone and his club health records. Was definitely not right at the beginning of last season.
Think it's a prerequisite that most players will at sometime in their career, play jabbed up, so to speak.

If that report is true though, I'd agree with you.
doc

Post by doc »

Budgie, Sarge, Sam and Joel from what I recall all came back in a pretty rough state after there ventures down under or in RU. As far as I am concerned I feel sorry for KPP if it does prove to be a major issue but as far as Newcastle are concerned I am not bothered in the slightest, they got him for free after all.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Well I'd say this to Newcastle

Shove it up arse and stop poaching players and develop your own

Ohh that felt better
Blackpool_Pie

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

doc wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 7:03 pm Budgie, Sarge, Sam and Joel from what I recall all came back in a pretty rough state after there ventures down under or in RU. As far as I am concerned I feel sorry for KPP if it does prove to be a major issue but as far as Newcastle are concerned I am not bothered in the slightest, they got him for free after all.
Moose as well
doc

Post by doc »

I forgot about Bateman as well.
buttmonkey2

Post by buttmonkey2 »

George Burgess came over in not the best of conditions either

Perhaps as soon as they signed him they had paid us a suitable transfer fee and he would have gone then. They didn't want to pay so for the last 12 moths he was contracted to and paid for by Wigan

Did we play him, injured? That is the million dollar question.

During the season? I doubt it.

During the play-offs? There is a likelihood.

KPP miss out on leaving a Grand Final winner - not a chance!

If anything, this is a problem of their own making by signing a player so far advanced of the end of contract.

Surely it was an illegal approach to a contracted player as ESL are not allowed to approach players until a deadline (around June if I remember) of the individuals last year?
Back by demand.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Shame they were so eager to take him off our hands and less eager to do a proper fitness/ medical on him.Makes me laugh how they say we have been nursing it for 12 months.Makes them look very stupid and im sure if/when he returns he will will be at his peake, fitness wise
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Kai has had an operation over there & is recuperating at the moment. 😊
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Newcastle Knights take aim at Wigan Warriors in Kai Pearce-Paul statement

Earlier this week, it was reported that Newcastle Knights were “not very happy” with Wigan Warriors due to the medical tests performed on Kai Pearce-Paul.

The England international had arrived at the club with a toe injury which these reports suggested could require surgery. The Knights were allegedly unhappy with Wigan as he had been managing the injury whilst playing for the Cherry and Whites. Instead of dealing with the injury, he played on painkillers and has now arrived in Australia with the injury.

After these reports surfaced on Monday, the club have issued an official statement in which they subtly blame Wigan for the second-row / centre needing surgery.

This means Pearce-Paul will likely miss pre-season which granted is an important step in his development in the NRL being his first pre-season down under. But it is a fair trade off, one he would likely make again if given the same options as he was able to play in a victorious Grand Final by managing the injury.

The Knights made sure to include the line: “Pearce-Paul has been managing his injury for over 12 months at his previous club,” in a clear but subtle jab at the Super League Champions.

The official statement reads: “Scans have confirmed Newcastle Knights new signing Kai Pearce-Paul has a toe injury which will require surgery this week.

Pearce-Paul has been managing this injury for over 12 months at his previous club.

“Upon reviews conducted by the Knights medical and performance team, it was decided surgery was the best course of action to provide long term health and performance outcomes.

“The Knights forward will commence his return to play program, with the goal being selection in the early rounds of the 2024 National Rugby League season.

Pearce-Paul is due to commence official training and club commitments on Thursday, 23 November.”

The London born England international is joined down under at Newcastle by Huddersfield Giants star Will Pryce who has also made the move. It is interesting that there have been no complaints about his injuries given he also pulled out of the England test series against Tonga due to injury.

https://www.seriousaboutrl.com/newcastl ... ent-85194/