Wigan Warriors favourites to dominate 2024 season

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Wigan Warriors favourites to dominate 2024 season

Post by josie andrews »

Wigan Warriors have been priced as favourites by the bookmakers to win the Super League title, the Challenge Cup and the League Leaders’ Shield in 2024.

Sky Bet have priced Matt Peet’s side as the favourites in each individual title race, with odds of 2/1 to go back-to-back and claim the Super League trophy for the seventh time, having defeated Catalans Dragons 10-2 at Old Trafford earlier in October.

St Helens open as second-favourites to win the Super League showcase event next year, with Rohan Smith’s Leeds Rhinos third-favourites at 7/1, despite finishing outside the top six in 2023.

This year’s Grand Finalists in the Dragons are fifth-favourites, with Sam Burgess’ Warrington Wolves priced above at 8/1.

In the Challenge Cup, Wigan are favourites followed by St Helens (5/1), Leeds Rhinos (6/1), Catalans Dragons (7/1) and 2023 winners Leigh Leopards at 8/1.

Super League sponsors Betfred have also priced Wigan as favourites to win in Manchester next year, as well as to lift the prestigious Challenge Cup trophy.

Having won this year’s League Leaders’ Shield at the Leigh Sports Village, the Warriors are Sky Bet’s favourites at 13/8 to finish the season at the top of the table again.

Super League title odds, courtesy of Sky Bet:

Wigan Warriors 2-1

St Helens 11-4

Leeds Rhinos 7-1

Warrington Wolves 8-1

Catalans Dragons 10-1

Hull KR 12-1

Leigh Leopards 14-1

Huddersfield Giants 20-1

Hull FC 22-1

Salford Red Devils 50-1

Castleford Tigers 66-1

London Broncos 125-1

https://www.wigantoday.net/sport/rugby- ... on-4408726
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Wintergreen

Re: Wigan Warriors favourites to dominate 2024 season

Post by Wintergreen »

I think that sums up SL at the moment.

We are deserved favourites.

Those odds really flatter St Helens and Leeds. They are nowhere near that in reality.

Catalans are probably the best value out of that.
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

Year 1 of life after KC and Roby for Saints. As Leeds have shown, and Man U show us in football, the period after the end of an era can be very difficult. It will be fascinating to see how they adapt - I simply don’t see their next generation as being anywhere near as good as this one, but they have a brilliant board and are a very well run club. I just want us to have a better season than them, like this year. Do that and we will be there or thereabouts.
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Wintergreen wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 11:49 am I think that sums up SL at the moment.

Those odds really flatter St Helens and Leeds. They are nowhere near that in reality.

Catalan have lost a few key players i dont think they will be as much a force next year felt like last year was their best chance to win the GF
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 2:13 pm
Wintergreen wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 11:49 am I think that sums up SL at the moment.

Catalan have lost a few key players i dont think they will be as much a force next year felt like last year was their best chance to win the GF
Yeah, it remains to be seen how they will go with all their departures.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
EDINBURGH-WARRIOR

Post by EDINBURGH-WARRIOR »

Always think under the radar is best .

EW
2002 and EW is hooked
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

Cats' odds will be longer because British fans are more likely to back their own team, and not many French fans are likely to use Sky Bet.

Bookies' ensure they make a profit by setting the odds to reflect where the money goes. So Cats are likely to be good value - that's not saying they'll win owt.
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

morley pie eater wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 3:43 pm Cats' odds will be longer because British fans are more likely to back their own team, and not many French fans are likely to use Sky Bet.

Bookies' ensure they make a profit by setting the odds to reflect where the money goes. So Cats are likely to be good value - that's not saying they'll win owt.
Exactly- neither am I, but compared to the rest of the "chasing pack" they have a chance.

I can't see any of the other teams with longer odds than them getting anywhere near.

I don't see St Helens being a threat, nor Leeds.

It's Wigan's to lose.
jobo

Post by jobo »

Wintergreen wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 5:15 pm
morley pie eater wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 3:43 pm Cats' odds will be longer because British fans are more likely to back their own team, and not many French fans are likely to use Sky Bet.

Exactly- neither am I, but compared to the rest of the "chasing pack" they have a chance.

I can't see any of the other teams with longer odds than them getting anywhere near.

It's Wigan's to lose.
10/1 on bet365 for both the GF and LLS with 1/3rd the odds for finishing second in either. Worth a flutter me thinks.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Wintergreen wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 5:15 pm

It's Wigan's to lose.
Overconfidence much?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐