Rugby League Heroes: Kelvin Skerrett (Part One)

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
boggart

Re: Rugby League Heroes: Kelvin Skerrett (Part One)

Post by boggart »

Interesting comment from Kelvin that the real hard men were the ones who could take, not just give, it. True indeed. Lots of examples, but a good 'un, GB v Aus, of course; I don't think Gorden Tallis could quite believe his eyes when Terry O'Connor survived his flurry of punches and then got a few bobby dazzlers in himself. Just a few, admittedly, but when they were walking off, there wasn't much difference between the damage done to Talis's features and that done to Tez's, so they must have counted. Hard men; hard game, love it.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

up the junction wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 11:24 am Fantastic reading
Thanks for posting Josie . Im wishing Father Christmas has this book in hit sack for me 🙏
Seconded. Very enjoyable read. This bit particularly made me laugh: “ Joe Lydon kicked a penalty. While everyone was arguing over the penalty, Joe nicked five or ten metres to make the kick easier.”
archiekeith

Post by archiekeith »

Can't argue re- Skerret being a "hard man"however he wasn't a Super League heroe athis accolade , for me, doesn't fit a real heroe. Kevin Sinfield. Surely this man deserves a knighthood for his efforts with Rob Burrow. All RLFC players are by definition "hard men but KS transcends that accolade