Chan: All about improvement

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Chan: All about improvement

Post by josie andrews »

New Wigan Warriors prop Tiaki Chan has set his goals for the 2024 season as he continues to settle into life at Robin Park Arena.

Chan: “It’s all about improvement and pushing yourself to the limit so that I can progress as far as I can – that’s my goals.”

Watch the full interview with Tiaki Chan on Wigan TV HERE.

Wigan Warriors new recruit Tiaki Chan has set his goals for the 2024 season as the prop continues to settle into life at Robin Park Arena.

The Warriors announced in June that Chan, who has made 16 Super League appearances for Catalans Dragons, would join the Club on a three-year-deal ahead of the 2024 season.

On signing for the Warriors, Chan said: “It’s been very different for me but I’ve loved every minute I’ve been here. I’m learning everyday and I’m loving coming in and just working with a new group of lads.

“I got a call from Matty Peet who told me how professional it was and how straight to the point it was. I know how hard it is here as Wigan have always been one of the best and most successful Clubs in the world so that was part of the reason I wanted to join.”

The Australian-born forward joined up with his new teammates at Robin Park Arena to start pre-season last week, and when asked about how he has settled in, Chan said: “Tyler [Dupree] has been looking after me since I’ve arrived as this is the first time I’ve been away from family.

“I already know Willie [Isa] and Paddy [Mago] and AK [Adam Keighran] will be coming as well but it’s been good getting stuck in with the lads here.”

Speaking on pre-season so far, Chan said: “You’ve got to be enjoying it to be doing it. It’s all about improvement and pushing yourself to the limit so that I can go and progress as far as I can – that’s my goals.”

The Warriors announced details of the World Club Challenge fixture against NRL champions Penrith Panthers on Thursday evening, with the ‘Clash of Champions’ battle to take place at the DW Stadium.

Looking ahead to the clash in February, Chan said: “I cannot wait especially as it’s against an Australian side. My little cousin’s there as well so it would be my dream to play in that game. The most important thing is creating a winning culture in every game, not just one.”

Ticketing and hospitality details for the game, which will be held on Saturday 24 February at 8pm, along with details of events leading up to the match, will be released in the coming days.

https://wiganwarriors.com/blog/2023/12/ ... provement/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan