WELCOME MR DANSON

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Mass

WELCOME MR DANSON

Post by Mass »

Despite there being no BIG player announcement we were all hoping for on 1st December, I'm really surprised there's been nothing on the Website welcoming and announcing our new owner. Looks like it's up to us fans to, knowing he's been involved for a while but,

WELCOME MR DANSON.
Jonathon Kerr (JK)

Re: WELCOME MR DANSON

Post by Jonathon Kerr (JK) »

It seems the original statements at the time of the announcement are all we are getting, nothing from Danson or our new Chairman Prof. Chris Brooke’s.

But given Danson’s other team played on Friday, would he want to take the limelight off their incredibly important FA Cup game v York.

I still have hope of something early in the week.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Given that he is a very private man he probably doesn't want any publicity.
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

Personally, I'm happy for him to stay in the background. I feel that the WCC announcement and Latics moving to accommodate it, are really encouraging signs for the start of Danson era.

It also seems likely that he'll have had a big say in approving the signings of Dupree, Thompson, Walters, Eseh and others.

Another hope is that he puts the relationship with Latics, including the stadium ownership and use, on a firm legal basis so any future change in ownership still leaves us in control of our own destiny.
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

He won’t be a visible owner like Mr Lenagan, who mixed with fans at certain games & events.

I loved that about him, he was a fan first 🥰🏉🍒⚪️❤️
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

josie andrews wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 3:40 pm He won’t be a visible owner like Mr Lenagan, who mixed with fans at certain games & events.

I totally agree re-IL, Josie. I think we can both accept that there isn't just one mould for a good owner, just like there isn't for, say, a number 9 (just an example chosen at random!).

I'm quite prepared for Mr Danson to be less visible without thinking he's not a true fan. I think his actions so far show his commitment to the club and the town. One thing that bothers me is that I guess we'll get many a post asking him to "splash the cash" on some superstar from the NRL or RU. I'm yawning already!
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

morley pie eater wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 5:53 pm
josie andrews wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 3:40 pm He won’t be a visible owner like Mr Lenagan, who mixed with fans at certain games & events.

I totally agree re-IL, Josie. I think we can both accept that there isn't just one mould for a good owner, just like there isn't for, say, a number 9 (just an example chosen at random!).

I'm quite prepared for Mr Danson to be less visible without thinking he's not a true fan. I think his actions so far show his commitment to the club and the town. One thing that bothers me is that I guess we'll get many a post asking him to "splash the cash" on some superstar from the NRL or RU. I'm yawning already!
True. 😂
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 12:19 pm Given that he is a very private man he probably doesn't want any publicity.
He seems the type doesn't he no bad thing for me Lenegan was about right in terms of visability Jesus wept last thing Wigan need is a Koucash or Beaumont
Mass

Post by Mass »

My original post was more about the club not acknowledging the change of ownership on the day it officially happened either on the website or in the press. Any positive news about the club and the sport is something we should be shouting from the highest mountain even if Mr Danson doesn't want the limelight.

Agree with fozzieskem that we don't want a Beaumont in charge.

I'm more than happy if Mr Danson wants to stay in the background and let the team(s) showcase the club. Think this is the model all successful clubs are run on.
doc

Post by doc »

Well given the WCC, the Richard Ashcroft gigs and the Tics drawing Man Utd in the FA Cup the finances should be improving.

Big thing that would benefit both teams would be to sell the naming rites for the stadium. Tics should have done this ages ago when they were in financial trouble.