Saturday games!!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Saturday games!!

Post by josie andrews »

We have 7 SL Saturday games & they are all away from home!

One of those being Magic weekend v Saints!

Only one Saturday game at home for us & that’s the WCC.

Bloody crazy again from the RFL 🤨🤨
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
the pieman

Re: Saturday games!!

Post by the pieman »

i suppose there's swings and roundabouts in that though

i struggle to get to Hull / Hull KR away on Friday night due to the time i finish work, and sometimes Wakey away has been difficult to get to. If i only finish work at 6, and need to get back from Warrington to pick up my daughter, then sometimes its mission impossible, but we have made it :)

Saturday for me would work better as an away fan as my official work week is Mon - Fri, but i do get asked to work weekends. So no rushing to get away from work and hope the M62 isnt a sh** show, preventing us from getting there on time

The flip side of my own argument is that i like Friday night games and it fits in well with having family time at weekend, so finish work on Friday, poss tea at home, then onto rugby, leaving all Saturday and Sunday for time with the family
Miry Lane Casuals

Post by Miry Lane Casuals »

Only crazy from the RFL if Saturday is an inconvenient day for most. Personally, I much prefer away days on a Saturday. They suit me more than a Friday or Sunday.
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

josie andrews wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 5:48 am We have 7 SL Saturday games & they are all away from home!

One of those being Magic weekend v Saints!

Only one Saturday game at home for us & that’s the WCC.

Bloody crazy again from the RFL 🤨🤨
Disagree, it's much easier for the majority of fans travelling away on Saturday rather than Friday night.
I certainly don't like driving on dark nights particularly with the bright l.e.d headlights coming in the opposite direction, and think of all of the overnight M62 lane closures.
EDINBURGH-WARRIOR

Post by EDINBURGH-WARRIOR »

Saturday games means no time off work for my son so they are a plus for us if his football team are not at home

EW
2002 and EW is hooked
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

The Saturday games we simply can't attend without taking holidays so while we will miss out on the away games for us, selfishly I agree it's worked well.

I suspect this will change as the season moves on though
PJC

Post by PJC »

In no way am I wishing for the past but a 3 pm Saturday KO for all teams would suit me. Admittedly things are very much different today with SKY. Latics seem to have the majority of games on Saturdays…….thereby I realise causing fixture clashes.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

PJC wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 4:34 pm In no way am I wishing for the past but a 3 pm Saturday KO for all teams would suit me. Admittedly things are very much different today with SKY. Latics seem to have the majority of games on Saturdays…….thereby I realise causing fixture clashes.
Didn't we use to play 3pm Sunday?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
PJC

Post by PJC »

Yes Mike we did. When games were first played on a Sunday you weren’t allowed to pay for the game. You bought a team sheet instead. I still have some. Wigan’s first Sunday afternoon game was away at Salford in the Lancashire Cup in 1968. It poured down.
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

Mike wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 4:43 pm
PJC wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 4:34 pm In no way am I wishing for the past but a 3 pm Saturday KO for all teams would suit me. Admittedly things are very much different today with SKY. Latics seem to have the majority of games on Saturdays…….thereby I realise causing fixture clashes.
Didn't we use to play 3pm Sunday?
It depends how far you go back, Mike. In the early to mid 60s it was 3pm on Saturdays, switching to 2:30pm for mid winter (before floodlights).
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐