Liam Byrne

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
boggart

Re: Liam Byrne

Post by boggart »

Good point, never thought of that, thanks Bud.
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Giving Liam the 10 shirt won't do his confidence any harm.
He was playing well when his season came to an abrupt end.
Hopefully he can start next season as he ended his last!
The Pearl1

Post by The Pearl1 »

Wiganer Ted wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 11:49 am Giving Liam the 10 shirt won't do his confidence any harm.
Agree with your points but wasn’t he 10 last year?

Bryne from Catalan away plus Havard from Wire in the cup at home…. If these stand out performances can become the norm we’ll be very hard to stop.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

The Pearl1 wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 9:10 am
Wiganer Ted wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 11:49 am Giving Liam the 10 shirt won't do his confidence any harm.
Agree with your points but wasn’t he 10 last year?

Bryne from Catalan away plus Havard from Wire in the cup at home…. If these stand out performances can become the norm we’ll be very hard to stop.
Yes he was 😊
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

Blackpool_Pie wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 1:37 am He came of age in France. That seemed to be the catalyst
You could be right. Hope so.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

He looks in great shape.
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

morley pie eater wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 11:46 am
josie andrews wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:38 am
nathan_rugby wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 7:54 am I think this season will be the one who hopefully see him come of age.

He, amongst others, got flogged too much as a youngster under Lam.

More recently we’ve had a very weak pack & there was the period last year we got decimated by injuries and not only was he playing throughout but was injured himself.

We’ve all seen the form is there and last year was the most consistent period. He now just needs to take the next step up and make it a regular thing.
Said that all along at the time 🤨

I even commented to Lammy at the time that they, Liam, Ethan Partington even Smith were too young to be playing so many minutes when we had experienced seasoned props & players for those positions which except for injuries were hardly given any game time. **
We even bought a ‘proper’ Centre Chris Hankinson, who could also kick goals, who was rarely selected,

Ben Flower
Tony Clubb
Willie Isa
George Burgess!!
Joe Bullock
Mitch Clark
Romain Navarrette

** If any of you really know me, if I’ve something to say, if it’s in my head, it will always come out of my gob! No matter who I’m talking to or who it’s addressed to.
Over the years I’ve fell out, but made friends again, (think they understand my passion & loyalty to Wigan to just be the best at everything,) with Graeme West, Andy Goodway, Adrian Lam, three ex players & coaches. Kris Rads & even Mr Lenagan

Did have a word with Matty about playing Sam Powell in 2022 season, about selecting him & dropping Brad O’Nell for the playoff v Leeds after being out of the team for several weeks!
Also commented about the selection of Willie Isa, selected in this years GF after weeks out, which I think was an immense game from him, to which I apologised to Willie in a personal interaction, which he did acknowledged & was very gracious about 😂
Nobody can doubt your commitment and passion, Josie. It earns you the right to speak your mind.

There is too much "taking offence" these days. I'm not justifying being offensive, but people have a right to their opinion even if it's different than mine.
Hello Morley,
Splashed the cash yesterday after receiving an email from the Rhinos offering tickets at half price for their game v Catalan in March. The family live in Horsforth but the 11 and 14 year old grandsons both know they are Wigan fans.
Smiled at the invitation to buy tickets for the 'Wetherby Whaler Challenge ' on Boxing Day but resisted that, thought the money there would be better spent in the restaurant in Wetherby. All the best for Christmas.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
Shemtatupu

Post by Shemtatupu »

ian.birchall wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 2:27 pm

I even commented to Lammy at the time that they, Liam, Ethan Partington even Smith were too young to be playing so many minutes when we had experienced seasoned props & players for those positions which except for injuries were hardly given any game time. **
We even bought a ‘proper’ Centre Chris Hankinson, who could also kick goals, who was rarely selected,

Ben Flower
Tony Clubb
Willie Isa
George Burgess!!
Joe Bullock
Mitch Clark
Romain Navarrette

** If any of you really know me, if I’ve something to say, if it’s in my head, it will always come out of my gob! No matter who I’m talking to or who it’s addressed to.
Over the years I’ve fell out, but made friends again, (think they understand my passion & loyalty to Wigan to just be the best at everything,) with Graeme West, Andy Goodway, Adrian Lam, three ex players & coaches. Kris Rads & even Mr Lenagan

Did have a word with Matty about playing Sam Powell in 2022 season, about selecting him & dropping Brad O’Nell for the playoff v Leeds after being out of the team for several weeks!
Also commented about the selection of Willie Isa, selected in this years GF after weeks out, which I think was an immense game from him, to which I apologised to Willie in a personal interaction, which he did acknowledged & was very gracious about 😂
Nobody can doubt your commitment and passion, Josie. It earns you the right to speak your mind.

There is too much "taking offence" these days. I'm not justifying being offensive, but people have a right to their opinion even if it's different than mine.
Hello Morley,
Splashed the cash yesterday after receiving an email from the Rhinos offering tickets at half price for their game v Catalan in March. The family live in Horsforth but the 11 and 14 year old grandsons both know they are Wigan fans.
Smiled at the invitation to buy tickets for the 'Wetherby Whaler Challenge ' on Boxing Day but resisted that, thought the money there would be better spent in the restaurant in Wetherby. All the best for Christmas.
You mean there's not just me and mine in the area that are wigan fans???
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

Shemtatupu wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 3:17 pm

Hello Morley,
You mean there's not just me and mine in the area that are wigan fans???
There are 6 of us in Morley - me, son & Mrs plus their daughter. Also a local couple, Adam and Lorraine. Then there's Ian up in Horsforth.

PM me if you live nearby. Have a happy Christmas.
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

Ben Flower
Tony Clubb
Willie Isa
George Burgess!!
Joe Bullock
Mitch Clark
Romain Navarrette

Hello Morley,
Hi Ian. I've given the granddaughter a list of 2024 squad numbers and names. She'll know them off-by-heart for the start of the season. "Cherry and White, it's in our blood"!

Have a great Christmas over there at the posh side :lol:
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐