Ryan Hampshire

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Karl Carpenter

Ryan Hampshire

Post by Karl Carpenter »

Wigan Warriors can confirm that utility-back Ryan Hampshire has signed a one-year extension to remain with the Club for the 2024 Betfred Super League season.

The 28-year-old joined the Club for a second spell ahead of the 2023 season while recovering from a serious knee injury. The extension will see ‘Rocky’ begin a sixth season with Club having previously played for Wigan from 2013-16.

Following on from his recovery, he played three times in 2023 as well as featuring for the Reserves team, including playing a pivotal role in the 2023 Reserves Grand Final.

He was regularly praised by head coach Matt Peet throughout 2023 for his conduct and dedication during the season as well as being lauded by outgoing Chairman Ian Lenagan during his Gala Dinner speech in October.

On signing the new contract extension, Hampshire said: “This is the right place for me right now. Getting to work with these players and under the staff at this Club, I am happy to get another opportunity this year playing for Wigan.”

Head Coach Matt Peet said: “Ryan has shown an outstanding attitude since his return to the Club and even when not selected he was having a positive impact on the group.

“It is important that we have competition for places and strength in depth throughout the squad and Ryan brings this across several positions.”

Peet added: “We are delighted Ryan is staying with us, despite offers from other Super League clubs.”

**Edited you really must put the link at the top or bottom when you post something off another site due to copyright issues. Highlighted below is the one from the Wigan Warriors site where you have taken this thread from 😊 if you need any help, just ask one of the moderators 😊

https://wiganwarriors.com/blog/2023/12/ ... extension/
Blackpool_Pie

Re: Ryan Hampshire

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

Was this not announced months ago?
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Perhaps he'll get loaned out to Trinity on there Duel Reg system?
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Wiganer Ted wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 7:05 pm Perhaps he'll get loaned out to Trinity on there Duel Reg system?
I would be expecting that.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Assuming a small wage he's not a bad option to have about the place. could cover 1,6,7 and at a push 9
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Wigan_ITK

Post by Wigan_ITK »

Wiganer Ted wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 7:05 pm Perhaps he'll get loaned out to Trinity on there Duel Reg system?
It's a done deal as well as Eseh going back on loan.
boggart

Post by boggart »

Well done Rocky. Glad he's re-signed. It seems Peet realises his worth. I hope they're paying him reasonably.
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

As a youngster he looked like he could really develop, and yet it hasn’t quite happened for him.

I wonder whether he has developed enough vision and feel for the game along the way, and whether it’s now too late. He always seems to be near to pulling it all together, and yet…

Good luck to him. Maybe next year will be the year for him.
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

Wish him well looks to be in the best place fitness for quite a while, free from injury with a point to prove. He gives great cover, and from everything I hear fantastic attitude and returned to training in fantastic condition.
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!