Magic Weekend Rebrand

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Ipinwigan

Magic Weekend Rebrand

Post by Ipinwigan »

This year's Magic Weekend has been rebranded by the powers that be to "Magic WKND 2024".
They must have spent ages agonising over that one :lol:
I think they will need a lot more than a tweeked rename to entice fans to attend in Leeds, FFS :twisted:
Caboosegg

Re: Magic Weekend Rebrand

Post by Caboosegg »

Problem an old man moment (I'm not old) but changes like this must be contributing to the dumbing down of the population.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Pointless, but it matters less than the poor venue they've chosen.
EDINBURGH-WARRIOR

Post by EDINBURGH-WARRIOR »

Very poor choice of venue (too small 37K capacity). The place will be rammed on the Saturday with all the top teams playing and for the life of me I can't see how they can offer unreserved seating for Saturday and not cause chaos . Been to every Magic weekend (love them) but this time it's going to be in for the Wigan game and then train home which is sad

EW
2002 and EW is hooked
cherry toffee

Post by cherry toffee »

Totally agree Edinburgh warrior I’ve been to every magic weekend and gone to all of the Newcastle ones for the weekend , really enjoyed them as it seems has everyone else, but I won’t be going to Leeds for the weekend in fact I may give it a miss altogether. The RFL came up with this concept which is so good the Aussies have copied it and IMG seem determined to scrap it
EDINBURGH-WARRIOR

Post by EDINBURGH-WARRIOR »

We are going for the Saturday only this year due to Elland Road being a complete dump . Want to get Cat 1 tickets so we will at least a half decent seat . Can buy them from the RFL but won't get the 50% discount . Once again Wigan have let fans down with tickets sales as they have not put them on sale as advertised . Hope Wigan have Cat 1 tickets on offer when they finally get round to putting them on sale as the RFL will probably have none left in decent areas .

EW
2002 and EW is hooked