What the 2024 Super League Dreamteam will look like according to Sponsors BetFred

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

What the 2024 Super League Dreamteam will look like according to Sponsors BetFred

Post by josie andrews »

SUPER LEAGUE sponsors Betfred have revealed their odds for the Super League Dream Team of 2024.

In 2023, Jack Welsby, Josh Charnley, Jake Wardle, Shaun Kenny-Dowall, Tom Johnstone, Bevan French, Lachlan Lam, Paul Vaughan, Edwin Ipape, Tom Amone, Kallum Watkins, Liam Farrell and John Asiata made the prestigious 13.

But, who have Betfred backed to make the 13 in 2024?

Fullback

Jack Welsby – St Helens – 7/4
Jai Field – Wigan Warriors – 7/2
Lachie Miller – Leeds Rhinos – 11/2
Matt Dufty – Warrington Wolves – 9/1
Arthur Mourgue – Catalans Dragons – 11/1

Wingers

Tommy Makinson – St Helens – 3/1
Tom Johnstone – Catalans Dragons – 10/3
Liam Marshall – Wigan Warriors – 4/1
Abbas Miski – Wigan Warriors – 4/1

Ash Handley – Leeds Rhinos – 13/2

Centres

Harry Newman – Leeds Rhinos – 7/2
Adam Keighran – Wigan Warriors – 7/2
Jake Wardle – Wigan Warriors – 9/2

Mark Percival – St Helens – 11/2
Paul Momirovski – Leeds Rhinos – 7/1

Halfbacks

Bevan French – Wigan Warriors – 11/4

George Williams – Warrington Wolves – 7/2
Jonny Lomax – St Helens – 4/1
Brodie Croft – Leeds Rhinos – 6/1
Harry Smith – Wigan Warriors – 6/1

Props

Alex Walmsley – St Helens – 3/1
Luke Thompson – Wigan Warriors – 5/1
Paul Vaughan – Warrington Wolves – 7/1
Tyler Dupree – Wigan Warriors – 7/1
Matty Lees – St Helens – 8/1

Hooker

Daryl Clark – St Helens – 4/1
Edwin Ipape – Leigh Leopards – 5/1
Kruise Leeming – Wigan Warriors – 5/1
Andy Ackers – Leeds Rhinos – 11/2
Danny Walker – Warrington Wolves – 8/1

Back-rowers

Morgan Knowles – St Helens – 6/5
Liam Farrell – Wigan Warriors – 6/4
Sam Walters – Wigan Warriors – 5/1

Matty Nicholson – Warrington Wolves – 6/1
Joe Batchelor – St Helens – 9/1
John Asiata – Leigh Leopards – 9/1
Matt Whitley – St Helens – 9/1

https://www.totalrl.com/what-the-2024-s ... s-betfred/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
robbobillinge

Re: What the 2024 Super League Dreamteam will look like according to Sponsors BetFred

Post by robbobillinge »

Obviously Saints are the dream team 😂😂😂
Nezza Faz

Re: What the 2024 Super League Dreamteam will look like according to Sponsors BetFred

Post by Nezza Faz »

Betfred obviously don’t want favourites to come home first !
WarriorWinger

Post by WarriorWinger »

I don't really understand the betting odds fully but from what I can see St's players are rated top in almost each category, or am I misreading them
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Looks like it in most of them. I think other than the full back position, it seems reasonable to me. Not too far off anyway - as the bookies usually aren't. The other way of looking at it is that we've got a couple of players in the top 5 in all the categories and other teams are top in some but don't appear as much as us in the others. We have quality all over the park.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
WarriorWinger

Post by WarriorWinger »

Mike wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 5:18 pm Looks like it in most of them. I think other than the full back position, it seems reasonable to me. Not too far off anyway - as the bookies usually aren't. The other way of looking at it is that we've got a couple of players in the top 5 in all the categories and other teams are top in some but don't appear as much as us in the others. We have quality all over the park.
So they have almost all the best players in most of the positions yet they are not rated as the top team, not sure how that works
Blackpool_Pie

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

Why is anyone bothered about bookies odds saying we aren't favourites? If you're confident of a player and he has good odds, put money on it!
WarriorWinger

Post by WarriorWinger »

Blackpool_Pie wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 2:49 am Why is anyone bothered about bookies odds saying we aren't favourites? If you're confident of a player and he has good odds, put money on it!
I don't think the conversation is about putting money on players it's more about the bookies having the majority of Saints players as favourites in most positions for the dream team, yet they are not classed as favourites to win SL etc. you would expect the team with the best rated players would be favourites.

I don't bet on anything it just not my think other than the Grand National each year, I was merely looking at it from a who are rated as the best players across the pitch and that it appeared that Saints players were top rated in most of them