Wigan launch Charity Third Kit

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Wigan launch Charity Third Kit

Post by josie andrews »

Wigan Warriors and Kappa launch Charity Third Kit for 2024 season.

Warriors partner with local Charity ‘The Brick’ for the season.

Third kits are available to order online HERE from 5pm today.

Wigan Warriors and Technical Kit Partner Kappa are delighted to launch the new replica Charity third kit for the 2024 Betfred Super League Season.

The concept of the shirt derives from a map of the Wigan Borough. Each ward is identified in its own coloured section, magnified to create the design on the shirt. Standing on a black shirt, the shirt boasts an eye-catching splash of colour with a strong nod to our Community. A colourful trim around the sleeves also helps the shirt to pop.

The shirt is paired with black shorts and black socks, both with white details for an elegant kit. A limited number of 1,500 shirts will be available. Featuring The Brick logo on the front of the shirt, £5 from every shirt sold will be donated to the charity.

About The Brick

The Brick delivers effective solutions to address poverty and homelessness across the Wigan and Leigh Borough, providing supported and emergency accommodation services, street outreach services, wrap around person-led support, a food community and affordable furniture and essential household items to make a house a home.

To find out more about The Brick, click HERE. https://www.thebrick.org.uk/

As with the home and away kits, the design features new principal partner Greenmount Projects on the front of the shirt with Smalley Painters and Decorators on the breast alongside the famous Kappa Omni logo and Wigan Warriors Club badge. KHD Brokk Hire Ltd appear on both collars with Cadena Global on the right sleeve and CRS and Heatable on the left sleeve. The rear of the shirt features the logos of long-term kit partners Node4, Davanti Tyres and Steve Woods Ltd.

The 2024 replica shorts feature Loch Lomond Whiskies (adults only), Fase Group Ltd, LCS Pipework Ltd and FBW Engineering Ltd whilst the socks will carry the logo of Pall Mall Carpets.

Replica home kits will be available to order online HERE from 5pm today and in-store from 10am on Friday 19th January. The shirts are available in all sizes from 0-12 months up to 8XL. Adult shirts are priced at £52 with junior shirts at £38. Mini kits (including shorts and socks) are priced at £40. Please note that personalised name and numbering is available in-store only from 10am on Saturday 10th January.

A closer look at the shirt:

Wigan Warriors Chief Executive, Kris Radlinski said: “We take great pride in collaborating with The Brick for our charity shirt in 2024. The daily efforts they dedicate to serving the Wigan community serve as a constant source of inspiration for our club, staff, and players.

“Recognising the responsibility that comes with representing Wigan Warriors, we are committed to making a positive impact on the lives of our town’s residents. The map and design of the shirt symbolise the boroughs and communities we strive to support. We are wholeheartedly dedicated to making 2024 a remarkable year for our partnership with the incredible charity, The Brick.”

Keely Dalfen, Chief Executive of The Brick added: “We are incredibly excited about our partnership with Wigan Warriors, which cements our already strong relationship, and shared values of community and social responsibility.

“To have the endorsement of the club is a massive honour. We are looking forward to working together in raising awareness and ultimately making a huge difference to people’s lives across the borough. Every penny raised will go towards supporting our core services to alleviate poverty and homelessness in Wigan and Leigh, helping our neighbourhoods to truly thrive

https://wiganwarriors.com/blog/2024/01/ ... third-kit/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Mass

Re: Wigan launch Charity Third Kit

Post by Mass »

Looks really good. Unfortunately if the sizes are the same as home/away kits I won't be buying. Real shame.
Ipinwigan

Post by Ipinwigan »

It's bloody awful, almost as bad as the away kit.
Only the home kit is decent, apart from the size issues.
So far I can only say I am not impressed with the Kappa merchandise.
WIGIAN

Post by WIGIAN »

Personally I like it , a little more 'masculine' than the second kit which I also like . For me at least the home kit is a bit of a let down but what can you do with cherry and white hoops. Better than hummel so far. Im sure any kit will be fine holding up a trophy
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

OK,
I'll get my moan in first.
£52 of which a whole £5 is going to the actual charity.
Just give £10 direct to the charity.
Win win
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Got mine this morning. Same as the other kits very small & got no stretch!
Hummel was better merchandise IMO 😊
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

ian.birchall wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 1:05 pm OK,
I'll get my moan in first.
£52 of which a whole £5 is going to the actual charity.
Just give £10 direct to the charity.
Win win
Got mine this morning. I quite like it better than home and away kits but still poor sizing.
Your right about the charity bit. My thinking is season ticket holders get 10% off purchases of a shirt its £5.20 but you can't get it on the charity shirts so in fact club giving nothing season ticket holders are giving up the 5 pound like you say club should have given at least 10 per shirt. I personally don't mind giving up the discount what gripes is club taking credit for it