Season ahead thoughts

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
the pieman

Re: Season ahead thoughts

Post by the pieman »

dont think i've felt so positive going into a season for a good while

in recent years, we've had a decent / reasonable starting 17 with squad depth

this year we have a very good starting 17 and some quality squad depth, especially the pack

I think the Penrith game may take a bit out of us, but just need to make sure we are there and there abouts, before we really kick on going into May / June (with Cooper, Nsemba, Walters all back and firing)

i think Saints are still the biggest threat to what could be a very good season for us, and they've gone quietly about their business, but still have a very good starting pack and some backs that can score off the back of that pack. I think Saints however, will struggle if they keep picking up suspensions like last year and also injuries as they dont have the squad depth that we have
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

I don’t like all the Sky, TV, Press coverage & the club itself for sort of continually promoting us. I know we are Champions but being modest about your achievements is more endearing than pushing it in every other clubs faces all the time.

I always feel that continual "showing off" instead of going about your business quietly & modestly, comes back to bite you in the bum eventually. Just my opinion. 🫤
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Flash wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 1:12 am
medlocke wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 1:32 pm We will win all domestic trophies and Man of Steel will be a Warrior, Saints to finish in 5th place and be knocked out of the play offs in the first game. :D

On a side not there is not one player at the club that I deem not worthy, so hopefully I will have a fairly positive season :D
Good God! We can't have that. I'd better get Lockers back into his boots...
:D :D :D
archiekeith

Post by archiekeith »

medlocke wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 9:46 am
Flash wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 1:12 am
medlocke wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 1:32 pm We will win all domestic trophies and Man of Steel will be a Warrior, Saints to finish in 5th place and be knocked out of the play offs in the first game. :D

On a side not there is not one player at the club that I deem not worthy, so hopefully I will have a fairly positive season :D
Good God! We can't have that. I'd better get Lockers back into his boots...
:D :D :D
a
With you feeling so confident Meds,I think we could unweave a rainbow ( RW