Season ahead thoughts

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ancientnloyal

Season ahead thoughts

Post by ancientnloyal »

How do you all think Wigan will fare this season? Given our recruitment I cannot see a reason why we cannot dominate the league. St Helens won’t be as strong as years past but hoping we can play entertaining rugby and help improve the standard of SL.

I fear for London
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
Charriots Offiah

Re: Season ahead thoughts

Post by Charriots Offiah »

I think we will do all reet if we can keep relatively injury free.
Jonathon Kerr (JK)

Post by Jonathon Kerr (JK) »

It’s been a long time since I was as excited about a season and the possibilities of what we could achieve.

We have a chance once again to end the year with all the club trophies plus the individual player awards.

I will caveat and reign my enthusiasm in by saying that I think we are heavily reliant on Harry Smith and I would hate for him to pick up any injury.

Our forwards must be the strongest in the league, outside backs we seem relatively light in terms of experience, but regardless of this, I don’t see anyone else who has recruited as well as us.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

We will win all domestic trophies and Man of Steel will be a Warrior, Saints to finish in 5th place and be knocked out of the play offs in the first game. :D

On a side not there is not one player at the club that I deem not worthy, so hopefully I will have a fairly positive season :D
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Harry's moustache to develop into the finest handlebar since Merv Hughes.

Also another GF win has to be the goal this season. Making the playoffs and getting to the final are not high enough aims for this group. The job will not be done until the very last game of the season.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
The Pearl1

Post by The Pearl1 »

It’ll be us or Saints at the top.

I expect Saints to be better this year, being written off a little I think.
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

I do think we are maybe a second row/centre light but Douglas Eckersley need the game time to prove they are ready. Obviously Walters injury and Jnr out early season is a blow but they should come back fresh when we will probably need them. It's just this period now that we could do with it I suppose we will see if Chan can step into that if needed. I do think he's a potentially a very good project signing.
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

I have said it before but I honestly believe this is Wigan's season to lose.

None of the other teams look to have improved as much as us.

In fact, bar Saints, I cannot think of a single team that will challenge this year.

I appreciate some may think this is arrogance, and I may well be proven wrong. However, as things stand that is how I see it.
Flash

Post by Flash »

medlocke wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 1:32 pm We will win all domestic trophies and Man of Steel will be a Warrior, Saints to finish in 5th place and be knocked out of the play offs in the first game. :D

On a side not there is not one player at the club that I deem not worthy, so hopefully I will have a fairly positive season :D
Good God! We can't have that. I'd better get Lockers back into his boots...
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Flash wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 1:12 am
medlocke wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 1:32 pm We will win all domestic trophies and Man of Steel will be a Warrior, Saints to finish in 5th place and be knocked out of the play offs in the first game. :D

Good God! We can't have that. I'd better get Lockers back into his boots...
:D :D :D
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐