York's assistant coach Paul Cooke

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
buttmonkey2

York's assistant coach Paul Cooke

Post by buttmonkey2 »

YORK Knights assistant coach Paul Cooke spent an 'eye-opening' day with Wigan Warriors this week, taking in a training session with the current Betfred Super League champions.
Taking to X (formerly Twitter), he described his day in Wigan as "one of the best, most fascinating and educational days in my love affair with rugby league."

"Easy to see why they’re the benchmark in Super League," he added.

"I’ve taken notes on everything, I’ve left with so many thoughts I’m still and will still be processing for weeks.

"Just a very well oiled machine, from top to bottom, everyone on the same page and made to feel welcome by all.

"Brilliant and fascinating day.
Cooke has the full backing of Andrew Henderson, who himself spent some time with the Warriors.

“We’re always encouraging our staff when looking at personal development opportunities," Henderson explained to The Press of the trip.

"Paul has managed to contact [Wigan head coach] Matt Peet there. I know Matt quite well and he is very open and very welcoming in terms of letting people in at the right times within the organisation.

"I’ve had the luxury of spending some time there in the past and it’s a great opportunity for Paul to go there, get some ideas and see how a different environment works, whether there are any bits that he can bring in for us, or vice versa.

"It’s all about personal development, and I personally encourage that a lot."
https://www.yorkpress.co.uk/sport/yorkc ... -warriors/
Back by demand.