Reserves Fixture amendment

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Reserves Fixture amendment

Post by josie andrews »

WIGAN WARRIORS RESERVES FIXTURE AGAINST HUDDERSFIELD GIANTS RESERVES ON SATURDAY 10TH FEBRUARY WILL NOW TAKE PLACE AT WIGAN RUFC (12PM K.O.)

The game, which was originally scheduled to be played at Huddersfield Laund Hill, will now take place at Wigan RUFC, Wingates Rd, Wigan WN1 2SJ. Kick-off is unchanged and will remain at 12pm.

Supporters are welcome to attend, with entry to the game will cost £2 which can be paid on arrival.

https://wiganwarriors.com/blog/2024/02/ ... amendment/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Re: Reserves Fixture amendment

Post by josie andrews »

Reserves Match Preview: Huddersfield Giants

IN ASSOCIATION WITH DAVANTI TYRES, HERE IS EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW AHEAD OF SATURDAY’S RESERVES FRIENDLY AGAINST HUDDERSFIELD GIANTS AT WIGAN RUGBY UNION CLUB.

The Reserves friendly against the Giants was originally scheduled to be played at Huddersfield Laund Hill, however, it will now take place at Wigan Rugby Union Club (12pm K.O.).

Squad News

The Warriors have named a 21-man squad to take on Huddersfield which consists of First Team, Reserves and Academy players.

Mike Cooper is set to feature for the first time since suffering an ACL injury on Good Friday, whilst Abbas Miski is expected play his first pre-season minutes after undergoing a clean-up of his knee during the off-season.

Wigan squad for Huddersfield:

F Beardsworth
R Brown
T Chan
M Cooper
J Douglas
Z Eckersley
S Eseh JR
J Farrimond
T Forber
R Hampshire
F Irwin
M Jeffrey
T Kerr
N Lowe
L Marshall
K McDermott
A Miski
G O’Loughlin
T Ratchford
K Rathbone
R Sumner

Pre-match quotes

Speaking ahead of the Reserves friendly, Warriors Head of Youth, Shane Eccles said: “With a week to go before the Super League campaign starts, it’s a good opportunity for players to get game time in preparation for the season. We have selected a mixed squad with some players who have a lot of First Team experience, and younger players who are pushing for their chance.

“It also provides a great learning opportunity for the young players to see the behaviours of the experienced players which will prepare them for their future in the game. Both Clubs have named strong squads which should make for a great game.”

Tiaki Chan, who has featured all three of the Warriors’ pre-season friendlies, has also spoken ahead of Saturday’s clash.

He said: “I’m excited to put everything together. My focus over the last few months has been to progress as a player, and as a professional on and off the field. It’s all coming along but it’s a process that takes time.”

Tickets

Supporters are welcome to attend, with entry to the game will cost £2 which can be paid on arrival.

Social Media

Wigan fans can follow every piece of the action via our social media channels and website.

Twitter (@WiganWarriorsRL) – half time and full time updates.
Instagram (@wiganwarriorsrl) – half time and full time updates.
Facebook (Wigan Warriors) – half time and full time updates

https://wiganwarriors.com/blog/2024/02/ ... ld-giants/
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
endoman

Post by endoman »

Might make the trip over, my Dad used to play for The Old Boys many moons ago, not been there for 50 years.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

endoman wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 6:48 pm Might make the trip over, my Dad used to play for The Old Boys many moons ago, not been there for 50 years.
Knew this morning but couldn’t post about the change in venue until the club posted it.
endoman

Post by endoman »

Serious question, anyone know if you can take dogs? Mrs endo is out, and I can't leave him at home for 6 hours..
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

endoman wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 7:38 pm Serious question, anyone know if you can take dogs? Mrs endo is out, and I can't leave him at home for 6 hours..
I’m not sure. As long as it is on a lead I would assume it would be okay. You could go a bit earlier, park your car up then you could take him on a walk up Haigh Hall 😊

I know when I’ve been to amateur RL games I’ve seen people with dogs on leads😊
endoman

Post by endoman »

josie andrews wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 7:45 pm
endoman wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 7:38 pm Serious question, anyone know if you can take dogs? Mrs endo is out, and I can't leave him at home for 6 hours..
I’m not sure. As long as it is on a lead I would assume it would be okay. You could go a bit earlier, park your car up then you could take him on a walk up Haigh Hall 😊

Thanks, if they won't let him in we'll just have a wander through the plantation instead. I think it's worth the risk. Found a picture on google with a dog watching a game. All being well I'll fetch the pup over.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

endoman wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 7:54 pm

Thanks, if they won't let him in we'll just have a wander through the plantation instead. I think it's worth the risk. Found a picture on google with a dog watching a game. All being well I'll fetch the pup over.
Will he behave in the car after he’s had a good walk in the plantations? You must come & say hello with him 😊
Blackpool_Pie

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

Is this a 'reserve' fixture? What is the likelihood of Hudds playing a strong side?
endoman

Post by endoman »

josie andrews wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 9:41 pm
endoman wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 7:54 pm

Will he behave in the car after he’s had a good walk in the plantations? You must come & say hello with him 😊
I shall if we come, I won't leave him in the car, he's only 6 months. He'll be fine standing outside. family stuff may get in the way.