Rocky

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
boggart

Rocky

Post by boggart »

Early days but sounds like Rocky Hampshire is doing a good job with the reserves again. Wish I'd seen the game. I'm sure the youngsters are benefitting from playing with him. I hope he gets a game or two with the First Team. I'm glad he stayed.
No straw damn us

Re: Rocky

Post by No straw damn us »

boggart wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:08 pm Early days but sounds like Rocky Hampshire is doing a good job with the reserves again. Wish I'd seen the game. I'm sure the youngsters are benefitting from playing with him. I hope he gets a game or two with the First Team. I'm glad he stayed.

He's probably fitter now than he has been in a long time, I believe he and Kruise Leeming excelled in the "beep" test.
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

Could be very handy back up and still to a degree has a point to prove. It's a tough one because I wouldn't like us to need him as a main cog would be missing but would also would love to see him get an opportunity and nail it. At the very least it's as good a cover back up as you could get and the lads probably had the best team around him getting him back to full fitness.
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
NICKYKISS

Post by NICKYKISS »

boggart wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:08 pm Early days but sounds like Rocky Hampshire is doing a good job with the reserves again. Wish I'd seen the game. I'm sure the youngsters are benefitting from playing with him. I hope he gets a game or two with the First Team. I'm glad he stayed.
Saw the repeat back on Wigan TV and he looked a real threat. I thought Farrimond looked absolutely outstanding as well. You can just tell in the way he moves that he’s a special talent.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

I just watched it. They looked quite the team in the halves, didn't they? Very impressive. Plenty of other strong performances too.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Who played at 7 please?I thought they were both sixes? Farrimond is supposedly the best prospect to come out of leigh since john woods, according to friends in the amateur game.Its all good and hopefully they both get game time this season
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

He plays scrum half Jack
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Blackpool_Pie

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

Whenever I've seen him he looks very very quick despite all his injury issues previously
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

josie andrews wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 10:46 am He plays scrum half Jack
Oh right wasnt 100%
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Firestarter wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 8:14 pm
josie andrews wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 10:46 am He plays scrum half Jack
Oh right wasnt 100%
I keep telling him he’s pushing Harry!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan