Zak Hardaker found guilty of drink driving again with Leigh Leopards star banned

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

Zak Hardaker found guilty of drink driving again with Leigh Leopards star banned

Post by josie andrews »

Hardaker was found guilty of driving without due care and driving over the prescribed limit of alcohol at Leeds Magistrates Court.

Zak Hardaker has been disqualified from driving for three years after being found guilty of drink-driving for a second time. Hardaker, a former Super League Man of Steel, has been charged with driving without due care and attention and driving over the prescribed limit of alcohol.

Hardaker, who currently plays for Challenge Cup winners Leigh Leopards, was charged at Leeds Magistrates Court on Wednesday morning. He also received a fine of £1,346.

In September 2018, Hardaker, now 32, was given a 20-month driving ban after admitting to being more than twice the drink-drive limit. It came at a time when he was serving a 14-month playing ban for cocaine use.

Off-field incidents have been prominent throughout Hardaker's colourful career. He was sacked by Castleford Tigers after failing a drugs test in 2017 and he left Wigan Warriors in 2022 following disciplinary issues.

On the field, Hardaker has been a star performer throughout his career. An England and Great Britain international, Hardaker has won the Grand Final, Challenge Cup and League Leaders' Shield on three occasions. In 2015, he was named Super League's best player and he has been inducted into the Super League Dream Team on three times. He played a key role in Leigh's 2023 season, making 27 appearances. He was part of the Leopards side that won the Challenge Cup Final at Wembley.

Despite his court appearance on Wednesday, he has still been named in Leigh's 21-man squad for their season opener against Huddersfield Giants on Friday evening.

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/ru ... d-28633638
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Re: Zak Hardaker found guilty of drink driving again with Leigh Leopards star banned

Post by josie andrews »

What a tosser!! How many chances is he going to get? 🤨
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
medlocke

Re: Zak Hardaker found guilty of drink driving again with Leigh Leopards star banned

Post by medlocke »

Proper scummer like, glad we got rid when we did
doc

Post by doc »

It was going to happen again sooner or later. I worry for him when his playing days are over.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

CLUB STATEMENT - ZAK HARDAKER

Leigh Leopards are aware of a drink drive incident involving Zak Hardaker.

The club was made aware of the situation at the earliest opportunity and has supported Zak since and will continue to do so.

The club will be making no further comment.

https://leighleopards.co.uk/club-statem ... -hardaker/
Green Machine

Post by Green Machine »

A leopard never changes its spots .🫢
endoman

Post by endoman »

Lucky not to be locked up. Idiot.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Green Machine wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 6:03 pm A leopard never changes its spots .🫢
He’s at the right club who are standing by him. ! I actually said to my friend leopard & spots spring to mind 😂
Green Machine

Post by Green Machine »

josie andrews wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 7:28 pm [quote="Green Machine" post_id=542677 time=<a href="tel:1707933786">1707933786</a> user_id=7212]
A leopard never changes its spots .🫢
He’s at the right club who are standing by him. ! I actually said to my friend leopard & spots spring to mind 😂
[/quote] until he doesn’t turn up for training. I presume he still lives in Yorkshire .
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

My mam just sent me the link.Unreal that mon.It must be his long range travelling which he hates.Oh wait , thats to wigan not leigh
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE