Hull FC v Hull KR

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
ancientnloyal

Hull FC v Hull KR

Post by ancientnloyal »

Well,
Same old Hull FC
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
ian.birchall

Re: Hull FC v Hull KR

Post by ian.birchall »

Having watched the Hull game on Sky last night I have to say that Wigan nilling Hull in the friendly begins to look not quite as impressive. Hull were woeful.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Both teams looked poor but unfortunately the game was all about the reffing as per.The red card was a yellow all day for me
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Jonathon Kerr (JK)

Post by Jonathon Kerr (JK) »

What was the first red given for? Was it for contact on the head or the swinging arm with intent.

At the time, I thought a yellow on the basis of swinging arm, but the second red….. all teams and refs need take note. All I want to see is consistency throughout the season.
WarriorWinger

Post by WarriorWinger »

Did I just dream it or where they supposed to be playing nothing above the armpits for tackling tehnique, it just looked like the same as last year, lots of arms and hands on shoulders and some on the neck?
the pieman

Post by the pieman »

Jonathon Kerr (JK) wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 11:56 am What was the first red given for? Was it for contact on the head or the swinging arm with intent.

At the time, I thought a yellow on the basis of swinging arm, but the second red….. all teams and refs need take note. All I want to see is consistency throughout the season.
i was listening on talksport 2 as i'd been to the gym

difference in opinion with the radio commentators. Think it was Mark Wilson, said they would be clamping down on hard / head (above shoulder) then thought would be red. Paul Cooke said if he's not contacted above shoulder, how they going to restart as all the players had piled in, and it wasnt a penalty, other producer said no card, then red card given

i havent seen it played back, but as you can see, 3 people watching the game with different views on it and surprised when Red was shown
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

WarriorWinger wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 11:57 am Did I just dream it or where they supposed to be playing nothing above the armpits for tackling tehnique, it just looked like the same as last year, lots of arms and hands on shoulders and some on the neck?
Thats just being trialed at the moment isn't it. I think it potentially comes into SL next season.

I think the first red was for the initial tackle. And IMO there was no contact with the head in that tackle so the card was wrong. He also missed the head with his swinging arm.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Referring decisions seems to dominate chatter and to me it distracts from a generally poor game.

HKR took advantage of HFC being so poor. HFC must be looking to improve and soon, if they don't it could be a long difficult season.
HKR although they scored 5 tries didn't look too impressive. Maybe because most of us thought they should have made HFC for their ill discipline in the 2nd half!

Hope the games tonight are better than that!

One great aspect was Dave Woods and Kyle Amor as commentator and summeriser. They were a level above the usual suspects previously from SKY!
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

The game might have been below par, but the event was definitely very good. A full stadium, a great atmosphere, good TV coverage. This is what we want at every ground every week. It came across very well on the new streaming service! I wouldn't be embarrassed to get a US bar to put that on - it would draw attention of people with no knowlege of RL. Last year I had the Cats game where their pitch was cutting up and had those weird circles on it. The other non-RL people couldn't believe this was a pro sport. Appearances mean a lot when drawing people to the game, and on this opening fixture IMG/Hull/Hull KR did us proud.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

the pieman wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 1:02 pm
Jonathon Kerr (JK) wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 11:56 am What was the first red given for? Was it for contact on the head or the swinging arm with intent.

i was listening on talksport 2 as i'd been to the gym

difference in opinion with the radio commentators. Think it was Mark Wilson, said they would be clamping down on hard / head (above shoulder) then thought would be red. Paul Cooke said if he's not contacted above shoulder, how they going to restart as all the players had piled in, and it wasnt a penalty, other producer said no card, then red card given

i havent seen it played back, but as you can see, 3 people watching the game with different views on it and surprised when Red was shown
The intent was there from Pele, irrespective of the outcome. I think the second decision was harsh. We must remember that the Video Ref is instructing the official.