RFL Disciplinary

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
WWRL

Re: RFL Disciplinary

Post by WWRL »

widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

Official notification - no ban for Harry

Charges:

Herman Ese’Ese (Hull FC) – Grade D Head Contact – 2 Match Penalty Notice & £250 Fine
Jayden Okunbor (Hull FC) – Grade B Dangerous Contact - £250 Fine
Franklin Pele (Hull FC) – Grade E Head Contact – Refer to Tribunal
Matt Parcell (Hull KR) – Grade B Other Contrary Behaviour – 1 Match Penalty Notice
Ligi Sao (Hull FC) – Grade D Other Contrary Behaviour – 3 Match Penalty Notice & £250 Fine
Tom Amone (Leigh Leopards) – Grade C Head Contact – 2 Match Penalty Notice
Jack Hughes (Leigh Leopards) – Grade B Dangerous Contact - £250 Fine
Ricky Leutele (Leigh Leopards) – Grade B Head Contact – 1 Match Penalty Notice
Zak Hardaker (Leigh Leopards) – Grade B Dangerous Contact - £250 Fine
Ryan Brierley (Salford Red Devils) – Grade C Head Contact – 1 Match Penalty Notice
Charbel Tasipale (Castleford Tigers) – Grade C Head Contact – 1 Match Penalty Notice
Harry Smith (Wigan Warriors) – Grade B Dangerous Throw/Lift - £250 Fine
Liam Watts (Castleford Tigers) – Grade E Head Contact – Refer to Tribunal
Michael McIlorum (Catalans Dragons) – Grade E Head Contact – Refer to Tribunal
Jordan Crowther (Warrington Wolves) – Grade C Other Contrary Behaviour – 1 Match Penalty Notice
Paul Seguier (Catalans Dragons) – Grade D Head Contact – 2 Match Penalty Notice and £250 Fine

https://www.rugby-league.com/article/62 ... view-panel
NICKYKISS

Post by NICKYKISS »

We’re going to get dogs abuse for Ellis and Smith not being banned when you look at that list of who has but they’d do it for any English club. It just adds more weight to the fact they need to separate the competitions and bans should count in the one you committed the offence in, unless it’s something high level (drug taking, racist abuse, match fixing etc).

Counting up there, players could miss a combined 32 matches from offences in week one. I saw one malicious challenge from Franklin Pele all weekend, so that is frightening.
stateoforigin

Post by stateoforigin »

Great news that smith is available . Dangerous precedent though that any player up for dump tackle throughout the season will just point to this and argue for the same - I.e just a fine.
the pieman

Post by the pieman »

josie andrews wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 4:51 pm
the pieman wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 4:48 pm Take it thats from the spoof disciplinary account :) :)
Yes 😂😂
its a good account, but there are some that you have to look at twice to work out if its the real one or not :lol: :lol:
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

I did say.............. ;)
Wigan_ITK

Post by Wigan_ITK »

stateoforigin wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 5:20 pm Great news that smith is available . Dangerous precedent though that any player up for dump tackle throughout the season will just point to this and argue for the same - I.e just a fine.
Depends on the mitigation though... Ref on the field made it quite clear he disagreed with a red as Hooley made it look worse.

With Myler on occasions last season and the way players are unfortunately acting like footballers it's a 2 way street - it's a genuine spear then it deserves a ban but Hooley was looking for something and that was a factor in the MRP decision.

Fair play to Ref for standing firm and the MRP agreeing. It's what the game needs.
Ipinwigan

Post by Ipinwigan »

NICKYKISS wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 5:16 pm We’re going to get dogs abuse for Ellis and Smith not being banned when you look at that list of who has but they’d do it for any English club. It just adds more weight to the fact they need to separate the competitions and bans should count in the one you committed the offence in, unless it’s something high level (drug taking, racist abuse, match fixing etc).

Counting up there, players could miss a combined 32 matches from offences in week one. I saw one malicious challenge from Franklin Pele all weekend, so that is frightening.
Completely agree, after having seen all the incidents, the only one that merits a ban is the Franklin Pele one, all the others are really poor decisions by the Refs and Disciplinary.
All teams are going to need even bigger squads, with the bans that will be dished out this season. A lot of players will either be banned, or sat out from failed HIAs.
Tag Rugby, it's the future.
Bob the Builder

Post by Bob the Builder »

Ipinwigan wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 6:47 pm
NICKYKISS wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 5:16 pm We’re going to get dogs abuse for Ellis and Smith not being banned when you look at that list of who has but they’d do it for any English club. It just adds more weight to the fact they need to separate the competitions and bans should count in the one you committed the offence in, unless it’s something high level (drug taking, racist abuse, match fixing etc).

Completely agree, after having seen all the incidents, the only one that merits a ban is the Franklin Pele one, all the others are really poor decisions by the Refs and Disciplinary.
All teams are going to need even bigger squads, with the bans that will be dished out this season. A lot of players will either be banned, or sat out from failed HIAs.
Tag Rugby, it's the future.
Which is a sad problem when we're trying to promote our sport. I also pay to watch full strength teams and not reserves due to all the suspensions and HIAs that will be coming. There are not may games per season and a 6 game ban is pretty much a quarter of the season missed. I'm all for player welfare, but are 4,5,6 game bans really necessary just for a bad timing, poor conditions or fatigue etc. Of course if deemed malicious then defo.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

I never realized how many people deeply care about being able to see high tackles and retaining the exact punishment for them that we had last year. Things you learn.

Glad Harry didn't get a ban. I didn't think he deserves on when Hooley clearly dives at the ground. What was Ellis supposed the be up for? He wasn't even cited.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐