RFL Disciplinary

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
morley pie eater

Re: RFL Disciplinary

Post by morley pie eater »

Wigan_ITK wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 5:44 pm
stateoforigin wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 5:20 pm Great news that smith is available . Dangerous precedent though that any player up for dump tackle throughout the season will just point to this and argue for the same - I.e just a fine.
Depends on the mitigation though... Ref on the field made it quite clear he disagreed with a red as Hooley made it look worse.

With Myler on occasions last season and the way players are unfortunately acting like footballers it's a 2 way street - it's a genuine spear then it deserves a ban but Hooley was looking for something and that was a factor in the MRP decision.

Fair play to Ref for standing firm and the MRP agreeing. It's what the game needs.
With you all the way.
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

Mike wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 8:54 pm I never realized how many people deeply care about being able to see high tackles and retaining the exact punishment for them that we had last year. Things you learn.

Glad Harry didn't get a ban. I didn't think he deserves on when Hooley clearly dives at the ground. What was Ellis supposed the be up for? He wasn't even cited.
👏👏👏
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

Mike wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 8:54 pm I never realized how many people deeply care about being able to see high tackles and retaining the exact punishment for them that we had last year. Things you learn.

Glad Harry didn't get a ban. I didn't think he deserves on when Hooley clearly dives at the ground. What was Ellis supposed the be up for? He wasn't even cited.
Not sure I can totally agree with the RFL's plan so far but they are (rightly) worried about what is going to happen down the line when the lawyers realise they can get pay days out of our game....
Not sure how we progress .... players insurance is going to get expensive/impossible to get - just one problem I can see down the line if the right action isn't taken now.
EDINBURGH-WARRIOR

Post by EDINBURGH-WARRIOR »

Players acting like footballers Mikey Lewis comes to mind (semi final last year). Good player but a total grub.

EW
2002 and EW is hooked
the pieman

Post by the pieman »

Ellis got penalised early in the game for a high shot. Cas player going down, and he caught him high. Correct decision on field and off field IMO. No intent and not dangerous

a cas player did something similar not too long after, again, penalty sufficient. No one complaining that a player i cant even remember hasnt got a ban because he isnt a Wigan player :)
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

EDINBURGH-WARRIOR wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:20 am Players acting like footballers Mikey Lewis comes to mind (semi final last year). Good player but a total grub.

EW
Yes. Expect more of this type of thing. The Cas (scrum half I think) who went down holding his face for example :evil:

Teams will do anything they can to gain an advantage, however small. Sadly this will probably involve more of this type of fake acting, if only to put the "seed of doubt" in the opposition defenders mind.
outback wiganer

Post by outback wiganer »

I said the same thing on Saturday night. Most players tend to try and protect themselves in these sort of tackles where as he clearly moves his head so that he goes into the ground head first. At least the RFL saw common sense with this one.
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

Should the Cas player also not get a fine for faking???
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
the pieman

Post by the pieman »

ian.birchall wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 1:24 pm Should the Cas player also not get a fine for faking???
could you imagine the meltdown on social media if he has been :) :)

its been non-stop cos Smith & Ellis never got banned, so would have been funny as hell, if he'd got a ban for faking :)
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Didnt miller also throw his head back after a slap on the shoulder? I think both himself and richardson were at it
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE