Ticketmaster 🤬

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Ticketmaster 🤬

Post by josie andrews »

What a fecking set of thieves charging £1.50 for every fecking ticket purchased even if you’re collecting at ticket office!

Going to be some sitting down & thinking about next season at this rate!

Really fecking angry 😡🤬😡🤬

I know it’s a business but it’s disgusting.

It’s no wonder these people have money!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
endoman

Re: Ticketmaster 🤬

Post by endoman »

No fee to print at home or put onto phone. Fine by me.
Bob the Builder

Post by Bob the Builder »

I thought Warriors said no fees would be applied 🙄
EDINBURGH-WARRIOR

Post by EDINBURGH-WARRIOR »

Pretty poor that . £1.50 per transaction I could just about stomach but £1.50 per ticket is a bit OTT especially if you are collecting at the ticket office . The club must have known about these charges so are just as culpable imo . Won't effect me as I buy any I require digitally but pretty poor really .

EW
2002 and EW is hooked
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

I'd always hoped that with Mike Danson being in the software business then a couple of years of Ticketmaster the Wigan clubs would have their own in house system avoiding ripping off fans as these outfits do.
PJC

Post by PJC »

£1.50 per transaction isn’t acceptable.
What happens if you haven’t got a printer and/or your smartphone fails enroute to the game. ? I live 45 mls away. Can I ask for a ticket to be posted , assuming of course that I can get through on the phone.
Superb Chops

Post by Superb Chops »

josie andrews wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:16 am What a fecking set of thieves charging £1.50 for every fecking ticket purchased even if you’re collecting at ticket office!

The club has chosen Ticketmaster with no public consultation, including its impacts to the supporters

That’s poor.

But you don’t have to look far to see some Wigan spectators advocating the merits of maximising income without regard to fellow townsfolk. You can see that emphatically in the following thread’s third post.

viewtopic.php?t=44238&hilit=Latics

When you read such published instances of self-centred twaddle, is it any wonder the club and partners look to wring every last penny out of supporters?

£1.50 fee per ticket is just the start.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Superb Chops wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 5:44 pm
josie andrews wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:16 am What a fecking set of thieves charging £1.50 for every fecking ticket purchased even if you’re collecting at ticket office!

The club has chosen Ticketmaster with no public consultation, including its impacts to the supporters

That’s poor.

But you don’t have to look far to see some Wigan spectators advocating the merits of maximising income without regard to fellow townsfolk. You can see that emphatically in the following thread’s third post.

viewtopic.php?t=44238&hilit=Latics

When you read such published instances of self-centred twaddle, is it any wonder the club and partners look to wring every last penny out of supporters?

£1.50 fee per ticket is just the start.
Great points. Except the club don't get these fees, Ticketmaster does. The club could be saving overheads I suppose.

The Lattice Danson backlash has begun in earnest I suppose.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

PJC wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 5:07 pm £1.50 per transaction isn’t acceptable.
What happens if you haven’t got a printer and/or your smartphone fails enroute to the game. ? I live 45 mls away. Can I ask for a ticket to be posted , assuming of course that I can get through on the phone.
What if you lose your printout? What if the tickets are lost in the post? Probably go to the ticket office before the match?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

They are buggers Ticketmaster. Junk fees all over the place. As I said before, they almost doubled the face value of the NRL opener tickets with junk fees. :evil:
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐