Ticketmaster 🤬

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
endoman

Re: Ticketmaster 🤬

Post by endoman »

PJC wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 5:07 pm £1.50 per transaction isn’t acceptable.
What happens if you haven’t got a printer and/or your smartphone fails enroute to the game. ? I live 45 mls away. Can I ask for a ticket to be posted , assuming of course that I can get through on the phone.
I'm 80 miles away. Someone could always print a ticket for you. Likelihood of phone failing? Never seen it. Many many concert / airline tickets have been purely digital for years. I know it's a big step for some, but why should the club absorb the cost of printing / posting tickets? How much did Matty Ashurst lose by the 5 quid ticket for Wakey being printed and posted to me? Even the Alexander stadium spare athletics pitch managed to scan tickets.

I'm going to a gig in San Diego in Sept, flight details etc all on phone and cloud. Gig insists on a digital ticket. Same for train tickets when I was in London last week.

I appreciate there are a few without smart phones / digital devices, but it must be only a few.

I have had zero issue with the new ticket system, I can't justify a season ticket as I am away with work for too many games overseas. I buy when I know I can attend and am happy to have those on phone. Castleford last weekend a prime example. I knew on Friday I could attend, bought ticket from Cas, emailed to me, phone scanned at the ground, sorted. Print out would have been soaked!

I'm not exactly young either, first watched Wigan in 1969, but do embrace technology.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

You can avoid these fees by printing at home, or having the ticket on your phone or other device. No printer and no phone? You can also print in libraries, various stationary and office supply shops near you etc.

Surely that's more convenient for almost everyone than relying on the post or visiting the office, and no need to pay the fee?

If you want a physical ticket printed by the club, then there is a fee for that.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Wi£an

Saving the planet… the huge data centres that house servers for companies like ticketmaster have huge carbon footprints that would dwarf a stack of paper to print tickets on traditionally.

Greenwashing
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Superb Chops wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 5:44 pm
josie andrews wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:16 am What a fecking set of thieves charging £1.50 for every fecking ticket purchased even if you’re collecting at ticket office!

Going to be some sitting down & thinking about next season at this rate!

Really fecking angry 😡🤬😡🤬

I know it’s a business but it’s disgusting.

It’s no wonder these people have money!
The club has chosen Ticketmaster with no public consultation, including its impacts to the supporters

That’s poor.

But you don’t have to look far to see some Wigan spectators advocating the merits of maximising income without regard to fellow townsfolk. You can see that emphatically in the following thread’s third post.

viewtopic.php?t=44238&hilit=Latics

When you read such published instances of self-centred twaddle, is it any wonder the club and partners look to wring every last penny out of supporters?

£1.50 fee per ticket is just the start.
The point I was making about "maximising income" was in regard to selling tickets in the East Stand solely to Manchester United fans for this one off game!!

And NOT about charging £1.50 or £2 per ticket & not per transaction!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
endoman

Post by endoman »

Mike wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 7:28 pm You can avoid these fees by printing at home, or having the ticket on your phone or other device. No printer and no phone? You can also print in libraries, various stationary and office supply shops near you etc.

Surely that's more convenient for almost everyone than relying on the post or visiting the office, and no need to pay the fee?

If you want a physical ticket printed by the club, then there is a fee for that.
Exactly.
Superb Chops

Post by Superb Chops »

Mike wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 6:54 pm Great points. Except the club don't get these fees, Ticketmaster does. The club could be saving overheads I suppose.

The Lattice Danson backlash has begun in earnest I suppose.
Are you sure Mike? There's a fair likelihood of doubt in assuming the club doesn't get a cut from this type of fee (indirect or directly).

Aside from agreeing fees with their client, Ticketmaster says it shares such fees when applying many other considerations. As per source links from this search.

https://sl.bing.net/hoiHJDKUUhM

There's also, erm, Taylor Swift. Her clash with Ticketmaster, seemingly supported by the White House, centred upon allegations of market monopoly done in tandem with sports stadiums. You may presume the latter also did well out of the arrangement.

If you support either of Danson's clubs, you already have a lot of reasons to be grateful to him. A shame, therefore, that his operations seem a bit shy in engaging with either supporters' club.

If they did, it's possible we may now know Ticketmaster was the best, cheapest long-term option to spectators. Nor that either party doesn't have future plans for introducing fees on digital or e-tickets - as they do now at some theatres and music festivals.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

ancientnloyal wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 7:48 pm Wi£an

Saving the planet… the huge data centres that house servers for companies like ticketmaster have huge carbon footprints that would dwarf a stack of paper to print tickets on traditionally.

Greenwashing

There's a good chance this is correct. Getting rid of physical tickets is definitely saving the club money though I reckon. It should be fine to just say that to people.

However, we had online sales already, so the power consumption was already present. Moving it to a more efficient server farm probably reduces power consumption a bit. If we hadn't had this before then maybe it's a stronger point.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Sutty

Post by Sutty »

ancientnloyal wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 7:48 pm Wi£an

Greenwashing
That's not quite true, in terms of carbon footprints. Having worked in the UK telecoms industry for the past 24 years, the amount of investment and infrastructure being rolled out by the big telco's, in order to massively reduce their carbon footprint is huge. Talk Talk alone have reduced their carbon footprint/production by tens of thousands of tonnes over the last few years, utilising revolutionary technology to cool their data centres, recycle the air etc. and it's the same across the whole industry with all the big players doing the same thing and it's a real focus at the moment.