Pitch

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Blackpool_Pie

Pitch

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

I've just realised Wigan Athletic play tomorrow evening just 24 hours ahead of our game on Saturday.
With the weather set for rain for the next couple of days before apparently being dry on Saturday, realistically how bad/good a condition will the pitch be in come Saturday evening?
josie andrews

Re: Pitch

Post by josie andrews »

Oh yes, I’d forgot about them playing! Bloody hell hope they’ve got dryers or under soil heating 😂😂
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Bob the Builder

Post by Bob the Builder »

With the weather having been so bad recently and the previous issues with the DW pitch etc. then considering the importance of such a high profile RL WCC, then imo the Latics s game should be postponed. However we know this will never happen. I suppose we had some practice on a quagmire pitch at Castleford 🙄
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

I hope the pitch is poor but I hope Penrith are worse 😀
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 1:03 pm I hope the pitch is poor but I hope Penrith are worse 😀
😂😂 I hope so too but more so a masterclass from Wigan Warriors 🏉🍒⚪️❤️
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Fan4Fifty

Post by Fan4Fifty »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 1:03 pm I hope the pitch is poor but I hope Penrith are worse 😀
I hope our speedy backs get a chance to shine and for that a relatively dry pitch is better. After all the build up I'd rather not watch a muddy slugfest!
NICKYKISS

Post by NICKYKISS »

The team look to have trained on a couple of times in the past couple of weeks as well (how times have changed). It did actually look in good shape on the pictures from this weeks session though.
Blackpool_Pie

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

No rain forecast for the next couple of days now. I'll be keeping a close eye on the Latics game tonight to see how the pitch looks
KieronC

Post by KieronC »

The Wigan Athletic game doesn't appear to be on TV so unless someone updates here it'll be a bit of a kinder surprise when I watch the build up tomorrow. Hoping for a pitch that holds up better than the trenches they were digging up in Hull last night.
Hattster

Post by Hattster »

Just watching the latics game on TV The pitch doesn’t look like it’s cutting up as we saw at Hull KR and there is a good covering of grass on it. If it stays dry then it will be a good surface for tomorrow