Season ticket

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
moto748

Re: Season ticket

Post by moto748 »

I've had exactly the same: ticket arrived this morning, correct seat (a good sign), but a different client ref.
PJC

Post by PJC »

Pleased to report my ticket for Friday has arrived and hopefully the season ticket will follow. A big thank to those in the office who have had a lot to put up with. The new system should have been up and running a long time before.
PJC

Post by PJC »

……and yes a different client ref
mikey

Post by mikey »

Printed my ticket from e mail then received a ticket with the wrong seat details and client code reference it doesn’t look good when you’ve got a great product but poor off field operations.
munromagic

Post by munromagic »

Having been worried about not getting my 4 season tickets in time for the Huddersfield match I have now got the following;
4 tickets from ticket office on Monday
3 tickets onto my phone on Wednesday ( not 4 !)
4 tickets by post on Frday
If this is replicated to all supporters there may be approx 50,000 on this evening.
I think it is confirmed there are problems with ticketing system!!
EDINBURGH-WARRIOR

Post by EDINBURGH-WARRIOR »

Deffo a problem with the ticket system which we all hope will be sorted for the next home game .

Meanwhile a big shout out to the ticket office staff who must have been ducking bullets from all directions . Well done

EW
2002 and EW is hooked
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

When I asked for plastic season tickets rather than the smartphone app I assumed that I'd be part of a very small minority of 'luddites', perhaps 3-400 in total. However, after speaking to lots of fans last night, I was shocked at how many said that they'd asked for a physical season ticket too. Most of these people were younger than me and all of them are far more tech savvy. I wonder if the club have been surprised by how many physical tickets have been asked for and if they've just not been able to cope with demand. From my small sample size I'd predict 2-3 000 will be needed.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

southportcdm wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 2:43 pm When I asked for plastic season tickets rather than the smartphone app I assumed that I'd be part of a very small minority of 'luddites', perhaps 3-400 in total. However, after speaking to lots of fans last night, I was shocked at how many said that they'd asked for a physical season ticket too. Most of these people were younger than me and all of them are far more tech savvy. I wonder if the club have been surprised by how many physical tickets have been asked for and if they've just not been able to cope with demand. From my small sample size I'd predict 2-3 000 will be needed.
I see no advantage in a mobile phone over a smart card. And cards, unlike mobile phones, cannot run out of juice at inconvenient times. OK, that would be operator error, but these things do happen in the real world.
doc

Post by doc »

I noticed going through the turnstiles last night that the bar code readers took an age to reset to read the next ticket so maybe a software issue as well. Should reset almost immediately but were taking around 10 seconds.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Queue must have been the best part of 150 m long when I arrived at the ground last night. Never seen the like.