Thoughts on Head Contact

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Ipinwigan

Re: Thoughts on Head Contact

Post by Ipinwigan »

benjamaphone wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 8:45 pm Speaking of head contact - I think the red for Fa'amanu Brown just now is bonkers. Penalty at best in my opinion, but hey ho.
That sending off is absolutely ridiculous, an accidental clash of heads and one player sent off.
If this is the future of the game then I am out.
up the junction

Post by up the junction »

Absolutely unbelievable red card
If this is the future of the game then it’s finished
Ipinwigan

Post by Ipinwigan »

Carney and Wilkin have gone ballistic on that disgraceful decision and rightly so.
What the hell are the RFL doing to the game.
Ancientbutloyal

Post by Ancientbutloyal »

Completely agree, this is ruining our game, complete accident, yet last night the head high tackle by Leeds on Gildart is yellow only
Richymac

Post by Richymac »

That red card in the Wire game is the worst decision I’ve ever seen. Not sure how they can even play this second half because there’ll be a red card every 5 minutes if that’s the new law.

Good match ruined.
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

benjamaphone wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 8:45 pm Speaking of head contact - I think the red for Fa'amanu Brown just now is bonkers. Penalty at best in my opinion, but hey ho.
You should see the penalty try the Wolves have been given because the contact ended up on the head, not first contact. Absolute crap!!!
Ipinwigan

Post by Ipinwigan »

Barney841 wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 9:09 pm
You should see the penalty try the Wolves have been given because the contact ended up on the head, not first contact. Absolute crap!!!
Yes, it goes from bad to even worse
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

Ipinwigan wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 9:11 pm
Barney841 wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 9:09 pm
Yes, it goes from bad to even worse
Tag rugby anyone?!!
Ipinwigan

Post by Ipinwigan »

Two rounds in and all the talk is about how the game is being refereed and not what great games we have just seen.
I despair.
EDINBURGH-WARRIOR

Post by EDINBURGH-WARRIOR »

The Hull man held up over the line in the first half was aided by the fact he was tackled high in the initial contact by the Wire player

EW
2002 and EW is hooked