Injuries

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Suzieb

Byrne

Post by Suzieb »

Does anyone know if he left the field for an hia and if he did what was the outcome
Blackpool_Pie

Re: Byrne

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

He definitely left for a HIA with maybe 5 mins left. Looked groggy post game
bertina

Injuries

Post by bertina »

What's the news on the injury front Josie ?
josie andrews

Re: Injuries

Post by josie andrews »

bertina wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 11:39 am What's the news on the injury front Josie ?
Trying to find out. Already asked about Liam Byrne.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

josie andrews wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 11:51 am
bertina wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 11:39 am What's the news on the injury front Josie ?
A quick turnaround for Hudds at home, If Thompon allowed to play, a straight swap there.
Leeming looked bad so I'd like to say bring in Forber.
Hill deserves to keep his spot and I think Chan has shown enough to come in if anyone else is injured or needs a rest.
the pieman

Post by the pieman »

widdenoldboy wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 8:08 am
josie andrews wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 11:51 am
A quick turnaround for Hudds at home, If Thompon allowed to play, a straight swap there.
Leeming looked bad so I'd like to say bring in Forber.
Hill deserves to keep his spot and I think Chan has shown enough to come in if anyone else is injured or needs a rest.
i posted this on RLfans yesterday

subject to injury starting pack on Friday
Thompson, O'Neill, Dupree, Farrell, Isa, Ellis
Bench
Mago, Hill, Forber & Rocky to provide cover across backline assuming all backs are fit so no changes
doc

Post by doc »

Could also bring in Chan. thought he looked good at LF during pre-season.
the pieman

Post by the pieman »

doc wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:58 am Could also bring in Chan. thought he looked good at LF during pre-season.
good point. I'm sure Chan and some of the younger lads will probably get some game time over the next few matches, even if its 1 or 2 in each 17 to freshen things up a little. Once we get the injured players back we can then start to try and give some a good couple of weeks off to freshen up for late in the season

I think if we can win 3 out of next 4 (inc challenge cup) before we play Saints, then we'll have done well and shown the squad has depth to be able cope with most things

i think looking at Cooper and Leeming, they'll both be out for say a month depending upon what scans come back with (assuming they were the 2 that most likely be out for a while and need scans on injury)

Byrne appeared by a HIA, so a week off and he should be back for London away
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

no idea how leeming passed a fitness test for the WCC as his was limping when he came on the field i was watching him in back play and he was moving terrible.

He needs to sort that injury out proper before he plays again we have plenty of depth in this squad.

I think bringing in a few youngsters this week would be good - many people will expect us to have a trophy hangover so i think bringing in some energy will help a lot of them probably keen to show what they can do after last week
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 11:48 am no idea how leeming passed a fitness test for the WCC as his was limping when he came on the field i was watching him in back play and he was moving terrible.

He needs to sort that injury out proper before he plays again we have plenty of depth in this squad.

I think bringing in a few youngsters this week would be good - many people will expect us to have a trophy hangover so i think bringing in some energy will help a lot of them probably keen to show what they can do after last week
I’m hoping Forber gets a gig.