Cleary

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
ddtftf

Cleary

Post by ddtftf »

Strong rumour Cleary has enquired about coming to play for Wigan next year , his girlfriend plays for the England rugby team and he says he would love to play for us.
Green Machine

Re: Cleary

Post by Green Machine »

She plays football for Manchester City.
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

Sorry but not in million years. Signed a new 5 year contract last season on 1.3 million a year. Penrith fee alone would be behond us before we even consider what his salary would be.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

I pretty sure this won't happen given he's signed a new deal but why would the fee be beyond us? Our new owner could probably afford to by Penrith never mind Cleary if he felt like it.
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

DaveO wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 2:21 pm I pretty sure this won't happen given he's signed a new deal but why would the fee be beyond us? Our new owner could probably afford to by Penrith never mind Cleary if he felt like it.
I have no doubt he could. I also have no doubt that he will also have a player budget ceiling . Spending probably million plus on a transfer fee. Before any wage demand makes no business sence even to someone who has money to burn.
Fizz Bomb

Post by Fizz Bomb »

It won’t be as expensive as people think —- he already has a shirt. 😂😂😂
We have the history Sentelins wish they had
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Fizz Bomb wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 4:48 pm It won’t be as expensive as people think —- he already has a shirt. 😂😂😂
He looked good in that shirt
SteveT

Post by SteveT »

I’m not so sure I’d plump for Cleary with the current options we have however I’d sign Martin from Penrith, watched him throughout the last World Cup and thought he was phenomenal
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Is he any good? Didn't do a lot against us IMO. He couldnt help them beat an underpar Saints last season either (if he played I don't remember). I don't watch NRL so no idea if he lives up to the hype. We're better off with NRL "rejects" - i.e. players with a bit of pace and creativity about them IMO.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

Mike wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 5:48 pm Is he any good? Didn't do a lot against us IMO. He couldnt help them beat an underpar Saints last season either (if he played I don't remember). I don't watch NRL so no idea if he lives up to the hype. We're better off with NRL "rejects" - i.e. players with a bit of pace and creativity about them IMO.
Oh he’s good Mike.
I watch all the NRL and if you want to see someone to grab the game by the scruff of the neck or take matters into his own hands, Cleary is your man.
Proper superstar of the game.