Cleary

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
DaveO

Re: Cleary

Post by DaveO »

keptinthedarkfans wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 3:04 pm
DaveO wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 2:21 pm I pretty sure this won't happen given he's signed a new deal but why would the fee be beyond us? Our new owner could probably afford to by Penrith never mind Cleary if he felt like it.
I have no doubt he could. I also have no doubt that he will also have a player budget ceiling . Spending probably million plus on a transfer fee. Before any wage demand makes no business sence even to someone who has money to burn.
It doesn’t make any business sense buying an RL club full stop. He still bought Wigan RL off IL. I have no doubt if the opportunity arose to sign clearly he’d consider it. He may well conclude he just doesn’t want to spend that much money but bringing the best players to the club isn’t all about hard faced business decisions.
PJC

Post by PJC »

Don’t be fooled. It’s all part of the NRL take over plan 😊
Beaker080977

Post by Beaker080977 »

Had the pleasure of meeting Cleary earlier this year over in Aus. Great guy. Asked him about playing over in the Super League and he said he’d love to towards the end of his career. Don’t get your hopes up in the near future.
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Get Vaealiki back!
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

ancientnloyal wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 9:02 pm Get Vaealiki back!
:lol: :lol:
Blackpool_Pie

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

Beaker080977 wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:39 am Had the pleasure of meeting Cleary earlier this year over in Aus. Great guy. Asked him about playing over in the Super League and he said he’d love to towards the end of his career. Don’t get your hopes up in the near future.
This is absolutely the right answer. No top NRL player would consider coming to the SL unless they don't have an option in the NRL or they're heading towards the end of their career. Field and French for my money are unlucky they didn't make it in the NRL but chances sometimes are few and far between and we got lucky in a sense that we picked them up then Covid really stopped them having the possibility of moving back. I'm certain French will leave at the end of this season and I'm also pretty certain he will do well in the NRL. I'm not sure about field
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

medlocke wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 9:16 pm
ancientnloyal wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 9:02 pm Get Vaealiki back!
:lol: :lol:
Not surprised you responded, Meds. As soon as I saw the post, I thought "Someone is learning from Meds" :lol:
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

He was fantastic against the Broncos today.
fozzie58

Post by fozzie58 »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 12:08 am He was fantastic against the Broncos today.
Wasn’t he just
The artist formally known as fozziekskem
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

fozzie58 wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 9:35 am
Charriots Offiah wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 12:08 am He was fantastic against the Broncos today.
Wasn’t he just
Simply the best and my money would still be on Penrith being top dogs again this season
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE