Club Statement: Ticketing Situation

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Club Statement: Ticketing Situation

Post by josie andrews »

* A number of issues still remain with the new ticketing platform.

* All season ticket holders and match ticket purchasers have been sent tickets for Friday’s game.

*. Advice for supporters without match tickets.

FOLLOWING THE IMPLEMENTATION OF THE NEW TICKETING SYSTEM AT THE DW STADIUM, THERE ARE A NUMBER OF ISSUES THAT ARE STILL TO BE RESOLVED.

The Club would like to apologise to supporters who are still awaiting responses to emails and who have endured extensive waiting times on calls. Ticket office staff have been working hard to handle calls and personal callers, along with a backlog of emails. Extra staff have been drafted in to deal with all enquiries.

The priority this week has been to ensure all season ticket holders, and match ticket purchasers, are in possession of a ticket to obtain access to the game on Friday night against Huddersfield Giants.

All season ticket holders and match purchasers have now been sent paper tickets by post or emailed tickets for the game.

However:

If you have received a ticket by email with links to add to your device’s wallet, we are aware of an issue when attempting to add to wallet. Please show the email you have received either on your device or printed at the turnstiles and sit in your allocated seats.

If you have received a paper ticket, please present this at the turnstiles and sit in the seat indicated on the ticket.

If you have not received any match tickets or if you have been issued the wrong seats for season tickets, please contact the ticket office.

The ticket office will be on hand to deal with any issues in the lead-up to the game on Friday, but we advise supporters intending to visit the ticket office immediately before the game to allow as much time as possible.

We acknowledge that this has been a frustrating period for all supporters and thank you for your patience and understanding.

We fully believe that once the initial teething problems have been overcome, the new platform will provide a much-improved experience for supporters in accessing tickets for Wigan Warriors matches and other events.

We kindly request that frustration is not taken out on our ticket office staff, as this is a technology issue that we are working extremely hard to resolve as quickly as possible.

https://wiganwarriors.com/blog/2024/02/ ... situation/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
robbobillinge

Re: Club Statement: Ticketing Situation

Post by robbobillinge »

The whole of the season ticket system is predicated upon possession of a working mobile phone. Mine has not worked properly since December because I had to change my sim. Hopefully I will resolve this issue soon but atm I don’t have anything!😀
Fizz Bomb

Post by Fizz Bomb »

So those of us that have had an email confirming the purchase of a ticket but can’t access either google or apple wallets just print off that confirmation email and we get in. That seems easy enough.

In view of his recent successes maybe we should put Matt Peet in charge of ticketing as well as his other duties.
😂😂😂
We have the history Sentelins wish they had
Owd Mon

Post by Owd Mon »

The current shenanigans about ticketin has lead me to reflect on how difficult it is now to watch a game of rugby especially for a casual or occasional spectator who isn't a season ticket holder.
We once had cash pay on the day turnstiles when a casual speccy might say its a nice day I will go and watch the match and stand with so and so who always stands in the same spot. The move to an seater ground changed all that. The option to stand with friends is removed . He/she has to sit on their own, wonders how to get a ticket and maybe has to make a separate journey to the ground to buy one. Or on the day there is a long queue at the limited number of ticket office windows. Once in they may have to sit next to an unpleasant person who is up and down every few minutes to buy ale or go to the toilet. That casual speccy is deterred from going. The move to online ticketing makes if even more difficult if someone is not tech or computer savvy or doesn't have a smart phone or even has no printer.
I have no concrete evidence to back up the above but it most have an impact on attendance when we it should be easier not harder to go to a game.
What do others think?
w.thomas

Post by w.thomas »

I think just because I like a beer or need the toilet does not make me unpleasant and on the streets of Ince that’s fighting talk old man. Other than that, it’s definitely harder than it was back in your day. I feel sorry for the older generation and hope that those have someone who can sort out tickets for them so they can still attend games.
PJC

Post by PJC »

There may be explanations on here that I have missed but I have paid for my season ticket but where is it ? I read that all payees have received theirs .
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

PJC wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 12:16 am There may be explanations on here that I have missed but I have paid for my season ticket but where is it ? I read that all payees have received theirs .
I have not received my season ticket. I have received an email with a PDF attachment of a ticket for the Hudds game.

Neither I nor my son who is an adult season ticket holder have received either a season ticket or an email with a PDF for the Hudds game for him. He can’t make it so this week it is not an issue.

However it is obviously a total cock up not least because I know some people who are season ticket holders who received an email similar to mine have been given tickets for the wrong seats!
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Owd Mon wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 8:43 pm The current shenanigans about ticketin has lead me to reflect on how difficult it is now to watch a game of rugby especially for a casual or occasional spectator who isn't a season ticket holder.
We once had cash pay on the day turnstiles when a casual speccy might say its a nice day I will go and watch the match and stand with so and so who always stands in the same spot. The move to an seater ground changed all that. The option to stand with friends is removed . He/she has to sit on their own, wonders how to get a ticket and maybe has to make a separate journey to the ground to buy one. Or on the day there is a long queue at the limited number of ticket office windows. Once in they may have to sit next to an unpleasant person who is up and down every few minutes to buy ale or go to the toilet. That casual speccy is deterred from going. The move to online ticketing makes if even more difficult if someone is not tech or computer savvy or doesn't have a smart phone or even has no printer.
I have no concrete evidence to back up the above but it most have an impact on attendance when we it should be easier not harder to go to a game.
What do others think?
Isn’t the South stand unreserved? So your first bit in bold isn’t necessarily true.

With regards to attendance, the official figures show attendances at the DW are on average higher (I think from memory).

With regards to your points in general about ticketing and seating - what other stadiums/teams, across all sports and have high attendance figures, have unreserved seating and the ability to pay with cash on the day?
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
the pieman

Post by the pieman »

nathan_rugby wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 10:05 am
Owd Mon wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 8:43 pm The current shenanigans about ticketin has lead me to reflect on how difficult it is now to watch a game of rugby especially for a casual or occasional spectator who isn't a season ticket holder.
What do others think?
Isn’t the South stand unreserved? So your first bit in bold isn’t necessarily true.

With regards to attendance, the official figures show attendances at the DW are on average higher (I think from memory).

With regards to your points in general about ticketing and seating - what other stadiums/teams, across all sports and have high attendance figures, have unreserved seating and the ability to pay with cash on the day?
I think with the exception of Saints you will find that the floating fan can pay on the day and even though the East is reserved, there is plenty of scope to sit with friends as there are still plenty of empty seats outside of the blocks directly on 1/2 way.
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

As a season ticket holder who'd asked for plastic season tickets I was originally expecting printed paper tickets for tomorrow's match sometime this week. I was surprised to receive the PDF's for our tickets on Tuesday so I printed them out and that was fine. I've now just received two printed tickets for the game in the post as well so I'll take all four tickets tomorrow just in case. All details seem O.K. so no complaints.