SKY SPORTS COVERAGE

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
outback wiganer

SKY SPORTS COVERAGE

Post by outback wiganer »

I know its great that we have a huge choice of live Super League games to watch now on Sky Sports, but I personally think that the coverage has got worse. They seem hell bent on showing countless replays for whatever reason, and the new split screen for video ref decisions still annoys the hell out of me. I've noticed now that they don't have a camera angle of conversion attempts from behind the goals any more, only from either behind the kicker or wide angle.
Also at one point in our game last night, the score disappeared off the screen for a while during the second half.
Just one final thing. The only kick Harry Smith missed last night happened to be when the referee was busy prattling on about the time to whoever, while Harry was trying to line up his kick only about 2 meters away from him. I'm sure Harry gave him a questioning look at one point.
nathan_rugby

Re: SKY SPORTS COVERAGE

Post by nathan_rugby »

What is your opinion of the coverage for the main games on sky sports?

You cannot compare the coverage for all of the extra games they are putting on because you don’t have anything to compare them to.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
outback wiganer

Post by outback wiganer »

It's pretty much the same opinion. Too many needless replays and the video ref screen is the same isn't it?
All I was saying was in my opinion the match day coverage has got worse.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

outback wiganer wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 2:12 pm It's pretty much the same opinion. Too many needless replays and the video ref screen is the same isn't it?
All I was saying was in my opinion the match day coverage has got worse.
Coverage of the main game on Sky or supplementary / extra ones?
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Worth bearing in mind, as well, that there are games available on the BBC Red Button; I'm watching the Salford/Hull KR game right now.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

It's pretty clear that the producers on the extra matches aren't very experienced in RL coverage. They also have at least 3 cameras fewer than the main 2 games (we can tell that because of the split screen video review which I quite like).

Id expect the production to improve as sky gets a pool of producers with more RL experience.

Overall, the coverage is way better than last season. We'd only have two cameras, both on the gantry!
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
WarriorWinger

Post by WarriorWinger »

I think the 'additional' games have less production staff there to run the broadcast and therefore it is not as good as the main event one, no touchside reporters or interviewers after the games suggests this, but I still think they do a decent job overall.
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

I just wish they would stop showing the score of other games spoils it when you have recorded it to watch after. Just say look away as we are showing the results of other games at Half Time .
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

ddtftf wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 4:34 pm I just wish they would stop showing the score of other games spoils it when you have recorded it to watch after. Just say look away as we are showing the results of other games at Half Time .
100%! Stop telling me the score!
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Blackpool_Pie

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

I echo the sentiments of most the posts here. Production value has diminished rapidly. At games as well, watching replays on the big screen is infuriating as its impossible to see what's going on during the split screens. I'm glad they don't show replays of tries from other games during broadcasts though. They actually did this a little last season but haven't kept up with it thankfully.

I've seen people on social media complaining about games being on simultaneously, as was on Friday night because they wanted to watch 2 games. Considering the amount of people moaning about Thursday games so they could be shown on sky last season, it just shows you can't please everyone.

I'm hoping these are just teething issues and they manage to start getting it right over the next few weeks.