Warriors Women partner with Bluesky plumbing

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Warriors Women partner with Bluesky plumbing

Post by josie andrews »

WIGAN WARRIORS WOMEN HAVE AGREED A NEW PARTNERSHIP WITH LOCAL PLUMBING BUSINESS, BLUESKY PLUMBING FOR THE 2024 BETFRED WOMEN’S SUPER LEAGUE SEASON.

The partnership sees the logo of Bluesky Plumbing featured on the left sleeve of the playing shirt of the Betfred Women’s Super League team throughout 2024.

Bluesky Plumbing have been long term sponsors of the club, sponsoring Matty Bowen, Sam Tomkins, Adrian Lam and currently Harry Smith along with Women’s First Team players Rachel Thompson and Eva Hunter. Bluesky plumbing also continue to hold matchday sponsorships at the DW Stadium and are long-standing seasonal Hospitality members.

The Warriors Women took to the field for the first time in 2024 on Sunday afternoon as they put in a convincing display to take a 46-6 victory under the new management of Head Coach, Denis Betts.

Dave Gibson, Director of Bluesky Plumbing said: “Bluesky Plumbing have been proud sponsors of Wigan Warriors for many years. We are very excited to extend this sponsorship to the Wigan Warriors Women’s team and to be part of the expansion going forward in the Women’s game.”

Women’s & Girls Rugby Operations Manager, Rachel Thompson said: “I would like to personally thank Dave and Karen for supporting myself from the very start of my Wigan Warriors journey in 2018.

“I am honoured that they are continuing to stand by me as I enter my seventh year as a Wigan Warriors player and it means a lot that they are expanding that support and getting involved with the sponsorship of the Women’s team.

She added: “This kind of support is what helps to grow the Women’s game here at Wigan Warriors and myself and the rest of the Women’s team greatly appreciate all of our sponsors who continue to show their support. We couldn’t do it without their backing.”

Head of Partnerships, Rebecca Webb added: “It’s fantastic news to have Bluesky Plumbing come on board as an official partner. With their endless sponsorships and support of the Club, taking the next step to sponsor the Women’s team seems fitting.

“Dave, Karen and Natalie’s support of the Club is invaluable both in the Men’s, Women’s and Community games. We would like to thank them for their commitment to the Warriors.”

https://wiganwarriors.com/blog/2024/03/ ... bing-copy/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan