Salford beat Saints!!!!

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Firestarter

Re: Salford beat Saints!!!!

Post by Firestarter »

Blackpool_Pie wrote: โ†‘Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:23 pm Blake isn't the best defender is he? ๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜…
I still think he will do ok over here tbh.But what a terrible start and i wont be gutted if im wrong and hes a flop lol
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Blackpool_Pie

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

Firestarter wrote: โ†‘Sat Mar 09, 2024 9:03 am
Blackpool_Pie wrote: โ†‘Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:23 pm Blake isn't the best defender is he? ๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜…
I still think he will do ok over here tbh.But what a terrible start and i wont be gutted if im wrong and hes a flop lol
When they signed him I went onto YouTube to have a look at his highlights and many fans from over there were glad to see the back of him
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Blackpool_Pie wrote: โ†‘Sat Mar 09, 2024 2:45 pm
Firestarter wrote: โ†‘Sat Mar 09, 2024 9:03 am
When they signed him I went onto YouTube to have a look at his highlights and many fans from over there were glad to see the back of him
He was very good when he first played for parra but the season after he was awful
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

For the second week in a row Salford defended with aggression. Not typical of them but added to their good attacking prowess it was too much for Saints!. Our game this week takes on a new dimension and will be a real competition.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Somebody replied to a comment I made on Facebook about them losing 5 in a row, he sounds a bit bitter

When you've been in the mix 5 in a row, okay lost 5 in a row, how many Grand Finals have Wigan been in? How Super League titles have Wigan won? Just proves Wigan cheated their way to success when they were the only professional team and the rest was semi professional, never a level playing field, also as I remember it, Saints still pushed them close, even though the pies were fully professional. Wigan's history is fake, never a level playing field when they were really successful. So I will never regard Wigan as a successful team, a far more successful team play in the Championship, just proves how worthless Wigan is and always will be.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

medlocke wrote: โ†‘Tue Mar 12, 2024 9:02 am Somebody replied to a comment I made on Facebook about them losing 5 in a row, he sounds a bit bitter

When you've been in the mix 5 in a row, okay lost 5 in a row, how many Grand Finals have Wigan been in? How Super League titles have Wigan won? Just proves Wigan cheated their way to success when they were the only professional team and the rest was semi professional, never a level playing field, also as I remember it, Saints still pushed them close, even though the pies were fully professional. Wigan's history is fake, never a level playing field when they were really successful. So I will never regard Wigan as a successful team, a far more successful team play in the Championship, just proves how worthless Wigan is and always will be.
Bless him/her.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Charriots Offiah wrote: โ†‘Wed Mar 13, 2024 12:28 am
medlocke wrote: โ†‘Tue Mar 12, 2024 9:02 am Somebody replied to a comment I made on Facebook about them losing 5 in a row, he sounds a bit bitter

Bless him/her.
Ignoring the factual inaccuracies in the statement let's play ball and just use superleague era

Number of grand final wins
1. Saints 2. Leeds 3. Wigan
Number of league leaders
1. Saints 2. Wigan 3. Leeds
Challenge cup since 1995
1. Saints 2. Wigan 3. Warrington/Leeds

While clearly they have had more success in the SL era even a biased opposition fan can't say Wigan hasn't been successful.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.