Salford Away - Round 5 - Info

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
LancashireRed

Salford Away - Round 5 - Info

Post by LancashireRed »

Wigan are away to Salford on Thursday 14th March for the Round 5 game.

For those Wigan fans travelling but not by coach there is free parking and a shuttle bus from The Trafford Centre to the Stadium every 15 mins. https://salfordreddevils.net/club-info/travel/

Parking is also available at the stadium (Purchase online using travel link above) or at Salford City Roosters clubhouse (Free) which is a 10-15 mins walk.

There is the new fan village outside the stadium serving food and drink plus providing entertainment, weather dependent there may also be kids activities/fair pre match.

As for the game this is our toughest test yet. We've got better each round and have yet to debut our new wingers in Ryan and Norfoalumo who will add much needed pace on the edges. I cannot see our new boys playing until the CC next week, so our team will be similar to Friday v Saints.

Anyhow hoping to see good support for both teams, Wigan was our biggest crowd of the season last year, not sure how many will travel as it is a Thursday however closer than London? I assume Peet will make his team selection based on the CC Draw (Guessing you'd not want Saints next week than in the CC then at Easter), I'd imagine Wigan will be as close to full strength as possible. Will be a great game and a massive test for the Red Devils.
josie andrews

Re: Salford Away - Round 5 - Info

Post by josie andrews »

Thank you for the information & update 😊
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
LancashireRed

Post by LancashireRed »

I am hearing that Wigan have sold out of their initial allocation for Salford's North Stand and want more tickets (Remaining North Stand tickets being made available to Wigan fans at lunch today). Those Wigan fans who want to go can also still buy seated tickets in the West Stand W01 which can be purchased through Wigan or Salford. Our East Stand is open but only for Salford fans, some away fans buy 1873 Platinum Lounge through Salford, this is our bests seats with bar/food, players lounge and MoM performance. I saw the great Ray Ashby in there last year speaking to Adrian Moz.
LancashireRed

Post by LancashireRed »

Wow Salford only have plus 10 on the handicap. Pie fans will be lumping money on my logic is that we will struggle to contain Wigan's limitless rotation of Props. We need a couple more forwards to truly compete, think we were after Chan for a good amount of time on loan this season.
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

LancashireRed wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 7:45 am Wow Salford only have plus 10 on the handicap. Pie fans will be lumping money on my logic is that we will struggle to contain Wigan's limitless rotation of Props. We need a couple more forwards to truly compete, think we were after Chan for a good amount of time on loan this season.
I think thats about right, the two form teams meet?
Got to be impressed by Salford's defence in the last two games.
LancashireRed

Post by LancashireRed »

widdenoldboy wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 9:12 am
LancashireRed wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 7:45 am Wow Salford only have plus 10 on the handicap. Pie fans will be lumping money on my logic is that we will struggle to contain Wigan's limitless rotation of Props. We need a couple more forwards to truly compete, think we were after Chan for a good amount of time on loan this season.
We (Salford) have done great and exceeded expectation. My dad is a 100% Pie born and bred, he will be at the game supporting his first love the Warriors. I am a Salford fan as I was born in the City and my wider family are all Salford fans. He likes coming to Salford as I sit in The 1873 Lounge, its very accessible for him and it has the bar/lounge so he see's all the players after the game and legends. He will probably chew Cust's ear off as he's not playing Thursday. I'd like to think with our backs with can score points however I cannot see our forwards containing Wigans endless Prop forwards who if they get the ball out to Field or French will score. As long as our efforts high I am happy. I hate to say it but Wigan for by 12-16, depends who we play also - our new wingers plus hopefully Partington will be back.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

LancashireRed wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 10:12 am
widdenoldboy wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 9:12 am
We (Salford) have done great and exceeded expectation. My dad is a 100% Pie born and bred, he will be at the game supporting his first love the Warriors. I am a Salford fan as I was born in the City and my wider family are all Salford fans. He likes coming to Salford as I sit in The 1873 Lounge, its very accessible for him and it has the bar/lounge so he see's all the players after the game and legends. He will probably chew Cust's ear off as he's not playing Thursday. I'd like to think with our backs with can score points however I cannot see our forwards containing Wigans endless Prop forwards who if they get the ball out to Field or French will score. As long as our efforts high I am happy. I hate to say it but Wigan for by 12-16, depends who we play also - our new wingers plus hopefully Partington will be back.
What type of injury has Oli had? Hopefully he will play.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Its going to be a very interesting swuad selection for thursday.I reckon we will rotate 2-3 players but not too many
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
doc

Post by doc »

Back to as near full strength as we can Vs Salford then rotate Vs Sheffield.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

doc wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 11:51 am Back to as near full strength as we can Vs Salford then rotate Vs Sheffield.
Oh yes i forgot Sheffield are next so full strength it is.We will probably rest byrne and leeming again as we have ample quality cover
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE