Wigan Squad for Salford

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Southern Softy

Re: Wigan Squad for Salford

Post by Southern Softy »

Firestarter wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:24 am All good points in this post and yes we were bad but i expect a massive improvement versus saints.watching the game again we seemed a tad flat and seemed to think they would gove way if we kept plodding down the middle.Got a feeling a few players were carrying knocks, namely field and byrne especially.On to next week ide defo rest field and maybe let french have a free role at fullback so hsmpshire or farrimond can get more game time.Also nsemba who i think adds that bit more than isa atm.A wins a win but im sure a lot of us( myself included) would be in meltdown had we lost that
Like the idea about giving French the chance to stretch himself next week. Field does look a bit off-colour. Would be a good chance for Isemba (who might just be the best of the kids coming through) and Isa's really only filling in for Walters who should be a real bonus for the second half of the season when he gets back.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Southern Softy wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 11:30 am
Firestarter wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:24 am All good points in this post and yes we were bad but i expect a massive improvement versus saints.watching the game again we seemed a tad flat and seemed to think they would gove way if we kept plodding down the middle.Got a feeling a few players were carrying knocks, namely field and byrne especially.On to next week ide defo rest field and maybe let french have a free role at fullback so hsmpshire or farrimond can get more game time.Also nsemba who i think adds that bit more than isa atm.A wins a win but im sure a lot of us( myself included) would be in meltdown had we lost that
Like the idea about giving French the chance to stretch himself next week. Field does look a bit off-colour. Would be a good chance for Isemba (who might just be the best of the kids coming through) and Isa's really only filling in for Walters who should be a real bonus for the second half of the season when he gets back.
Cant wait to see how we play walters and hopefully hes fully fit.With walters nsemba and havard back we will have big options.Not to sure about esah as ive not seen much of him yet
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

I wouldn't move French, I'd either rest him or keep him at SO depending on his physical condition. He's still new to the role and has t get a few mistakes and poor descisions under his belt to become a better position player. Shifting him around now, when we don't need to, would be a big mistake IMO.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

Mike wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:34 am We don't don't really deserve that IMO, but shows were a champion side when we pull one out of the bag in the last five minutes. Helped by Salfords brain explosions I must say.

On the French performance, Id rather have a player that wasn't playing at his best but his last 5 minutes won us the game, than say a scrum half that plays great for 75 mins and then a tactical error loses us the game! I thought French tried to step it up as an individual when the game looked gone, and it worked. He made breaks put on good plays and ultimately got us over the line. I thought Field was a bit quiet TBH. Expected him to be chasing through on one of those kicks through that ended up all the way out at Marshall.

Overall, job done again, on to the next one. We don't need to be at our best all season, but don't let the sloppiness become habit forming.
Pretty much exactly what I was going to post.
pearsy

Post by pearsy »

Not a very good performance from several players from Wigan got the result we wanted.And what about Wilkins and Tomkins average comentry at the end they looked like they did not want to be there
w.thomas

Post by w.thomas »

A poor game from quite a few players but a wins a win. I thought marshy and Miski played well and made loads of meters. Also thought O’Neil played well and got stuck in. The forwards were quite poor in my opinion with Thompson maybe the best. Not sure why anyone rates Bryne, I think he’s our weakest prop and folds like a cheap deckchair in contact. ISA whilst solid made poor meters and it’s definitely time to let young Nsemba have a go and try to punch some holes out wide. Not sure what’s up with French either but something looks off to me. While we wasn’t at our best we kept turning up for each other and never gave up in defence and in the end it won us the game. Onwards and upwards!
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Pile of old poop, see what happens when you rest your best players after 3 games, all momentum lost. The End
PJC

Post by PJC »

Wigan were below par on Friday. However I think that all the euphoria surrounding the game against Penrith will have played a part. It will pass.
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Anyone know the crowd number at Salford?
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Wiganer Ted wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 8:23 pm Anyone know the crowd number at Salford?
6047 😊
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan