Cup tie

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Ipinwigan

Re: Cup tie

Post by Ipinwigan »

Southern Softy wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 11:12 am How the authorities care about our game Part 1.
The BBC can't be bothered to show any matches on their main channels and relegate one match to the 'red-button' with limited graphics, no clock-stopping so no viewer has any idea of the time left and a producer who looks to have been parachuted in from CBBC and misses key moments like tries being scored.
Follow that by showing none of the other matches at all.
And finally - make the draw for the quarter-finals at 8.45 on a Monday evening in the middle of a football programme on the radio with the teams being drawn by two Darts players.
Anyone who thinks that SKY are a problem should be careful of what they wish for.
Totally agree with you, the only time the BBC do a decent job is when Chappers fronts the show and he does appear to be very enthusiastic about the sport, with some good banter.
I know he will probably not be everyone's cup of tea, but it's a decent watch with him on the show.
The problem is that this only occurs a few times in the year, quarter finals, semis and final of the cup and any internationals that may be shown.
I know that Tanya Arnold does a decent job, but for me she is too wooden.
fozzie58

Post by fozzie58 »

I think Sky have really upped their coverage this season maybe it had become stale but credit to them so far sky are excellent, just wish they'd send Carney and co back to the studio it doesent add anything with them shivering and soaked under a brolly or some ned trying to have their moment on tv in the background.

The bbc and its coverage is poor frankly not a patch on Chanel 4 last season
The artist formally known as fozziekskem
moto748

Post by moto748 »

It is, but at the end of the day, C4 wouldn't stump up any money. As for 8.45 pm: presumably that was selected so as to be too late for the TV national (and local) news. Brilliant.
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

Agree about Mark Chapman - he's just good at everything he does. The rest of the coverage is awful (assuming there is any coverage) - Robby Hunter-Paul pointlessly running up and down the pitch while the players do their pre-match stuff and Johnathan Davies, so far past his sell-by date that it's embarrassing. Why they didn't poach Adam Hills and Helen Skelton is baffling.
I wish BBC would just give up the struggle - give everything to SKY (or someone else) and show the Final (as it's a listed event) jointly with another broadcaster.
fozzie58

Post by fozzie58 »

moto748 wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 5:18 pm It is, but at the end of the day, C4 wouldn't stump up any money. As for 8.45 pm: presumably that was selected so as to be too late for the TV national (and local) news. Brilliant.
Well quite right about ch4 they went there on the cheap but oddly its contributed to sky upping their game by stealing the team assembled by ch4
The artist formally known as fozziekskem