Ticket info: St Helens (A)

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
moto748

Re: Ticket info: St Helens (A)

Post by moto748 »

I managed to avoid having to queue at the ticket office for a Cup (and Saints) ticket, but as I explained upthread, it was only cos I emailed them and then they got back to me by phone. But of course it's far from satisfactory, and has been damaging to the club in terms of fans' goodwill.
M6 Warrior

Post by M6 Warrior »

Absolutely gutted…have just logged in to try to buy in the general sale and all tickets sold out. This will be the first Good Friday game in over 20 years that we’ve not been to. Hotel booked for months and time off work sorted. Will still travel up the M6 first thing on Good Friday morning so if anyone becomes aware of any spares, please can you let me know? My boy will be devastated…its part of his Christmas present sporting package each year.
Looking for 3 standing on the terrace but will happily take any in the Wigan end of course! Would love to be there to cheer on the boys

I’m also now worried about Leigh away as we’re staying up north all week so we can go to that one too.
Many thanks
ST
moto748

Post by moto748 »

I assume you're not a season ticket holder, M6 Warrior?

If you are, as per my post upthread, don't give up, contact the ticket office. They sorted me out today, so they can do so for others, I guess.

If you're not, a few tickets will probably turn up from somewhere.
M6 Warrior

Post by M6 Warrior »

Thanks Moto. I’m not a ST holder due to living out of area, so, in true Warriors style, will hang in there and keep fighting. Will call the ticket office tomorrow when I get a spare hour or two to wait :(
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

It’s all over Twitter & probably FB too that it’s a complete sellout but…. Nothing on the Official website!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
moto748

Post by moto748 »

I was an M6 (and M5!) traveller to games myself for a long time! Clocked up a few miles back then!
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

josie andrews wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 5:30 pm It’s all over Twitter & probably FB too that it’s a complete sellout but…. Nothing on the Official website!
I'm not supprised its a sell out. Saints were advertising it as a sell out for their tickets more than 2 weeks ago.

The game has recovered its in-person fans since covid and added more since last season. That's a good thing, IMO, but it does come with the chance that people can't go to all the games. The ticketing fiasco is just making this seem all the more unfair, but if there's more that want to go than tickets, someone's going to miss out.

I remember being outside the ground at Warrington, hanging onto a lamppost and peaking through the gates at the corner one year. I could see half the pitch, but probably wasnt' worth the drive in the end!
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

M6 Warrior wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 5:02 pm Absolutely gutted…have just logged in to try to buy in the general sale and all tickets sold out. This will be the first Good Friday game in over 20 years that we’ve not been to. Hotel booked for months and time off work sorted. Will still travel up the M6 first thing on Good Friday morning so if anyone becomes aware of any spares, please can you let me know? My boy will be devastated…its part of his Christmas present sporting package each year.
Looking for 3 standing on the terrace but will happily take any in the Wigan end of course! Would love to be there to cheer on the boys

I’m also now worried about Leigh away as we’re staying up north all week so we can go to that one too.
Many thanks
ST
I wouldn't worry about Leigh, that won't sell out I wouldn't expect?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
M6 Warrior

Post by M6 Warrior »

Thanks Mike, let’s hope you’re correct. Suppose I could always get 3 seats from Leigh in the section right next to the Wigan end. Will keep an eye on their sales over the next week as I don’t expect any announcement from our club until the week before the game
leet197900

Post by leet197900 »

I will join the queue for a ticket for Saints away, if anyone has one spare, please give me a shout.