Tyler Dupree tips Challenge Cup opposition forward for Super League with Championship 'hidden gems' case

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

Tyler Dupree tips Challenge Cup opposition forward for Super League with Championship 'hidden gems' case

Post by josie andrews »

Tyler Dupree believes the Championship competition is full of ‘hidden gems’ as the Warriors winning prop tips one of Friday’s opposition forwards for Super League.

Dupree himself has enjoyed a stunning rise to the top, having previously been named the Championship young player of the year in 2021 with Oldham, before joining Widnes and quickly impressing for a full-time contract with Salford.

Now an England international, the Halifax-born forward believes that the Championship is full of talented players waiting for their chance to shine in the top flight.

Four non-Super League sides remain in the Challenge Cup, with the Warriors to host Sheffield Eagles in the sixth round of the prestigious competition at the DW Stadium.

“There are some hidden gems in the Championship,” Dupree said.

Dupree, who is yet to suffer a defeat in cherry & white following his mid-season move last summer, has tipped one of Sheffield’s forwards who could follow in his footsteps.

“Titus Gwaze, he’s one that I’d tip to be able to come to this level,” Dupree admits, with the Eagles forward having previously made five appearances for Wakefield Trinity in Super League.

“We played together at college, then he went to Wakefield and I went to Leeds and we played a couple of academy games against each other.

“I also know Tyler Dickinson and Oliver Roberts, they’re from Siddal. It’s a bit of a small world in rugby league.

“We’re going to respect Sheffield massively. It’ll be good to play against some mates and some people I went to college with.

“Sheffield are a great team as well with some great players.

“They have recruited well and it showed with the result over Toulouse last week.

“I think they’re a great team and it’ll be a good experience for both parties this Friday.”

https://www.wigantoday.net/sport/rugby- ... se-4563472
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan