Rocky

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
DaveO

Re: Rocky

Post by DaveO »

josie andrews wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:24 am
morley pie eater wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:21 pm Enigma or what?

I remember when Rocky was the Messiah. The first time I saw him was in the 2013 Academy Grand Final. We conceded home advantage as the DW wasn't available. Rocky had been built up to be the next Edwards or Alex Murphy, but the star that day was George Williams. (I was also impressed by Bretherton, who came on as a sub in the 2nd half.)

He then goes to Cas, Wakefield. Reputedly had a high opinion of his own abilities, and, to be fair was a decent player at 1 or 6, if not the superstar he was predicted to be, or thought he was, by some accounts).

He's still only 29. How does he end up as a reserve player - albeit a handy one to have: goalkicker, versatile and so on?

Can anyone fill us in on how he got to this point?
It was his Dad! Not Ryan who kept pushing & pushing until Wane got fed up of being told who to play where & let him go.
WTF was Wane listening to his Dad and even worse making decisions based on having his ear bent?
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

DaveO wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 3:16 am
josie andrews wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:24 am
morley pie eater wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:21 pm Enigma or what?

I remember when Rocky was the Messiah. The first time I saw him was in the 2013 Academy Grand Final. We conceded home advantage as the DW wasn't available. Rocky had been built up to be the next Edwards or Alex Murphy, but the star that day was George Williams. (I was also impressed by Bretherton, who came on as a sub in the 2nd half.)

He then goes to Cas, Wakefield. Reputedly had a high opinion of his own abilities, and, to be fair was a decent player at 1 or 6, if not the superstar he was predicted to be, or thought he was, by some accounts).

He's still only 29. How does he end up as a reserve player - albeit a handy one to have: goalkicker, versatile and so on?

Can anyone fill us in on how he got to this point?
It was his Dad! Not Ryan who kept pushing & pushing until Wane got fed up of being told who to play where & let him go.
WTF was Wane listening to his Dad and even worse making decisions based on having his ear bent?
Same as when anyone is harassed constantly. They get peed off!!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Suzieb

Post by Suzieb »

To keep in the dark 3 tries let in against a championship side not totally blaming him but i ask about his positioning as a half back you defend slightly different to a fullback eg if you miss a tackle when you are inthe left ir right middle it sometimes goes unoticed as the slide would componsate for the miss but as a last line of defence you are in a vulnerable position by way that if you miss a tackle it does get punished ie Jai saved us against Penrith and i am not saying that ryan shiuld be as good as Jai it is just an observation i hope that this explanation helps you to understand my thoughts MR speaking
fozzie58

Post by fozzie58 »

One thing I noticed was how slow he seemed but of course that’s what happens when you’ve got someone as fast as Field and watching him week in week out
The artist formally known as fozziekskem