record

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
oldtimer

record

Post by oldtimer »

sorry to bring an ''old chestnut'' up but what is Doris going to do now that the ''other team'' in Wigan have taken the record crowd from him.If the 2005 was correct he only needs to FILL the empty seats that we had last time and should get 25200 on
mrs_carney

Re: record

Post by mrs_carney »

Different sports, they have their record, we have ours, the two need never come in contact!
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
adrenalinxx

Post by adrenalinxx »

oldtimer posted:
sorry to bring an ''old chestnut'' up but what is Doris going to do now that the ''other team'' in Wigan have taken the record crowd from him.If the 2005 was correct he only needs to FILL the empty seats that we had last time and should get 25200 on
When Wigan Warriors got 25,004 that was the maximum capacity of the JJB Stadium since Latics got into the Premiership there have been some changes to the JJB to increase the capapcity to 25,200.

All Warriors have to do to get th record back is to have a good season and get good crowds
oldtimer

Post by oldtimer »

All i ask is that crowd figures are not inflated,it only makes the club look STUPID when full house is posted, and you can see seats empty in all stands.i have a freind in australia who watched the match on tv when OUR record was posted and asked ''can the people at wigan not count''what can i reply?
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

oldtimer posted:
All i ask is that crowd figures are not inflated,it only makes the club look STUPID when full house is posted, and you can see seats empty in all stands.i have a freind in australia who watched the match on tv when OUR record was posted and asked ''can the people at wigan not count''what can i reply?
They probably calculate the attendance on tickets sold, and that will probably include season tickets. For example, one empty seat at the Good Friday game was mine because I was at Manchester Airport arriving back 5 hours late from the US at the time and was unable to take up my season ticket seat in the ground. If they have sold all the tickets available then I think they are entitled to claim a sell-out, even if some of those people don't turn up on the day itself. Is it stupid? Perhaps, but I don't think it's anything different than what every other sports team in the country will do, so it's hardly worth losing sleep about. Remember, the tax man is interested in ticket sales, not bodies on seats.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
oldtimer

Post by oldtimer »

whilst i agree with you in part,i am sure the number published should[ha ha]be the no on the ground.but IF they are to be believed the ground must hold far more than 25,004[the figure reported.i am sure a co
rrect figure must be published,in the event[god forbid]a disaster all people[incuding workers] are accountable,so aTRUE number should be known or do these staff count in the gate?
adrenalinxx

Post by adrenalinxx »

As far as i know the bigger the crowd the more staff Whealen would have to employ for the matches days, so for London games etc he would employ less people than for a Saints game. If he is paying extra money for staff he might as well say it's a full house as saying a game is sold out sounds so much better than saying the game is nearly sold out but there are a few empty seats. Some of it comes down to public image.
oldtimer

Post by oldtimer »

why whellan he is the owner NOT a director so he has no hands on running of the club :)
FROM A TO B

Post by FROM A TO B »

I think what needs to be clarified is how many seats there are at the JJB. Lets say the South stand has 5000 seats and 5000 people go into that stand (not reserved seating). After 4999 have gone in, how does number 5000 find the one remaining seat.
I presume the grounds capacity is less than the physical amount of seats, hence some gaps for the sell out game against Stains!
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
adrenalinxx

Post by adrenalinxx »

South Stand = 5400 seats
North Stand = 5400 seats
East Stand = 8178 seats
West Stand = 6022 seats.

Offical Capacity 25,000

Thats from last year, the capacity has been increase by 100 by adding more seats to th east stand, or so I have been told.

The ground capacity is actually more than the physical amount of seats, because it does not take into account the disabled areas or the boxes at the top of the west stand. Thats why we got 25,004 even though some seat where empty.