Wigan Warriors: Player ratings with three above the rest in 'below best' Challenge Cup performance

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Wigan Warriors: Player ratings with three above the rest in 'below best' Challenge Cup performance

Post by josie andrews »

Wigan Warriors were made to work in their Challenge Cup sixth round clash against Sheffield Eagles, eventually claiming their spot in the quarter-finals with a 44-18 victory at the DW Stadium.

posting.php?mode=post&f=3
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
morley pie eater

Re: Wigan Warriors: Player ratings with three above the rest in 'below best' Challenge Cup performance

Post by morley pie eater »

josie andrews wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 7:02 am Wigan Warriors were made to work in their Challenge Cup sixth round clash against Sheffield Eagles, eventually claiming their spot in the quarter-finals with a 44-18 victory at the DW Stadium.

The link doesn't work, Josie. Is it the wrong one?
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
moto748

Re: Wigan Warriors: Player ratings with three above the rest in 'below best' Challenge Cup performance

Post by moto748 »

7 for Hampshire, but only 6 for Miski? :roll:
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

morley pie eater wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:23 am
josie andrews wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 7:02 am Wigan Warriors were made to work in their Challenge Cup sixth round clash against Sheffield Eagles, eventually claiming their spot in the quarter-finals with a 44-18 victory at the DW Stadium.

The link doesn't work, Josie. Is it the wrong one?
Oops sorry
https://www.wigantoday.net/sport/rugby- ... ce-4566390
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Fan4Fifty

Post by Fan4Fifty »

I think the ratings are generally fair. Abbas had one of his least effective games and didn't make the metres out of defence that he usually does and we attacked far more down the left than the right. Maybe a bit harsh on Mago!
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

moto748 wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 12:51 pm 7 for Hampshire, but only 6 for Miski? :roll:
I thought Rocky was good.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

We'll have to agree to differ there, Charriots. No gross errors, but I don't think he was good, and took the wrong option on several occasions.
fozzie58

Post by fozzie58 »

moto748 wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 2:23 am We'll have to agree to differ there, Charriots. No gross errors, but I don't think he was good, and took the wrong option on several occasions.
Yes I thought him poor at fullback, he looked better in the halves the other week but I feel its mainly due to Field being so darn good at fullback that well most players would struggle in comparison
The artist formally known as fozziekskem
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

It's his decision-making that stopped him being a real star of SL. He tends to pause when attacking as well which always kills moves.