Disciplinary | Match Review Panel

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

Disciplinary | Match Review Panel

Post by josie andrews »

Following Round Six of the Betfred Challenge Cup, the Match Review Panel have issued the following sanctions:
James Bell (St Helens) – Grade B Dangerous Contact – 1 Match Penalty Notice (Higher end of the grade)
Paul McShane (Castleford Tigers) – Grade B Dangerous Contact - £250 Fine
Alex Mellor (Castleford Tigers) – Grade B Dangerous Contact - £250 Fine
Brad Day (Featherstone Rovers) – Grade C Head Contact – 1 Match Penalty Notice
MacKenzie Yei (Featherstone Rovers) – Grade E Dangerous Lift/Throw – Refer to Tribunal
Gadwin Springer (Featherstone Rovers) – Grade B Dangerous Contact - £125 Fine
Ben Kavanagh (Halifax Panthers) – Grade B Dangerous Contact - £125 Fine
Adam Keighran (Wigan Warriors) – Grade B Head Contact - £240 Fine
Izaac Farrell (Sheffield Eagles) – Grade C Dangerous Throw/Lift – 1 Match Penalty Notice
Cade Cust (Salford Red Devils) – Grade B Dangerous Contact - £250 Fine
MacKenzie Yei’s Tribunal will be heard on Tuesday 2nd April and, if accepted, Izaac Farrell’s one-match suspension will commence from midnight on Tuesday 2nd April.

Match Review Panel Minutes Monday 25 March

https://www.rugby-league.com/uploads/do ... 250324.pdf

https://www.rugby-league.com/article/62 ... view-panel
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

St Helens lose key man for Wigan Warriors showdown after Match Review Panel verdict

Post by josie andrews »

The two rivals clash in one of the competition's landmark games.

St Helens star James Bell will miss the derby with Wigan Warriors after receiving a one-match suspension. The New Zealander has been cited for dangerous contact during the club's Challenge Cup victory over Leeds Rhinos and will therefore miss the highly-anticipated showdown on Good Friday.

Bell has received a Grade B charge, with his previous record seeing him receive a ban rather than just a fine. It's a bitter blow for the Saints, with Bell once again being one of their top performers this year despite regularly going under the radar. Saints, of course, could appeal the verdict in an attempt to free him for the contest.

Bell is the only Super League player to receive a ban this week, though four have received £250 fines. Castleford Tigers duo Alex Mellor and Paul McShane have both received Grade B dangerous contact charges, and the same can be said for Salford Red Devils' Cade Cust and Wigan Warriors' Adam Keighran, who were cited for the same offence.

Brad Day (Featherstone Rovers) and Izaac Farrell (Sheffield Eagles) have both received one-match suspensions after incidents in their club's Challenge Cup defeats to Leigh Leopards and Wigan respectively.

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/ru ... t-28883140
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
Blackpool_Pie

Re: Disciplinary | Match Review Panel

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

Surprised Clark didn't get sited for his yellow card
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Who was the saints players that forced the leeds players into the hoardings? I thought that was a definate ban
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Bell will be a massive loss for saints IF he still gets the ban.Quality player who i wouldnt mind wearing the cherry and whites hoops one day
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Firestarter wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:53 pm Bell will be a massive loss for saints IF he still gets the ban.Quality player who i wouldnt mind wearing the cherry and whites hoops one day
No thank you, he has always appeared a dirty player to me.
M6 Warrior

Post by M6 Warrior »

Bell is a handful and one of those players who gets under the skin. Will be glad if he’s not playing Friday.
Ipinwigan

Post by Ipinwigan »

Firestarter wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:51 pm Who was the saints players that forced the leeds players into the hoardings? I thought that was a definate ban
It was Clarke that pushed the Leeds player into the hoarding, no idea how he's got away with it, Bell will probably appeal his ban and get off as well.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Ipinwigan wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:14 pm
Firestarter wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:51 pm Who was the saints players that forced the leeds players into the hoardings? I thought that was a definate ban
It was Clarke that pushed the Leeds player into the hoarding, no idea how he's got away with it, Bell will probably appeal his ban and get off as well.
oh right that was a definite ban for clarke then but i also think bell will get off
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

Firestarter wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 10:44 pm
Ipinwigan wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:14 pm
oh right that was a definite ban for clarke then but i also think bell will get off
If it was the "hip drop" he did on Momorovski, I don't see him getting off - it was a nasty one.