Squad for Leigh

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Wintergreen

Re: Squad for Leigh

Post by Wintergreen »

I thought that if the ball was on an arm that was touching the ground then it was a try.

Have the rules changed or have I been wrong all my life? (and I have scored a few like that too, so it can't just have been me!!)
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

Is it only me but does nobody else want hardaker to get his head knocked off? Can’t stand him!! Spoilt brat!!
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

Cracking win :D
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Wintergreen wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 11:09 pm I thought that if the ball was on an arm that was touching the ground then it was a try.

Have the rules changed or have I been wrong all my life? (and I have scored a few like that too, so it can't just have been me!!)
Your tries should be rescinded.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Once again I didn't make it to the game, despite having a ticket, but i watched on TV down the pub, and as everyone says, much improved. Forwards were good, Mago showed what he can offer, and Hill continues to improve. In the battle between Moylan and French, I don't think there's much doubt who came out the winner! :D
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

moto748 wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 11:34 pm Once again I didn't make it to the game, despite having a ticket, but i watched on TV down the pub, and as everyone says, much improved. Forwards were good, Mago showed what he can offer, and Hill continues to improve. In the battle between Moylan and French, I don't think there's much doubt who came out the winner! :D
Defensively Moylan was poor tonight.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Wintergreen wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 11:09 pm I thought that if the ball was on an arm that was touching the ground then it was a try.

That's what I always thought to. Ball or ball carrying arm down equals grounded.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

9p
Mike wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 3:25 am

That's what I always thought to. Ball or ball carrying arm down equals grounded.
It is in a tackle if opponent is still in contact with you. But sure the ball has to touch ground over try line for a try not just arm on floor.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

I thought the point of the ball just touched the try line.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 1:33 am
moto748 wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 11:34 pm Once again I didn't make it to the game, despite having a ticket, but i watched on TV down the pub, and as everyone says, much improved. Forwards were good, Mago showed what he can offer, and Hill continues to improve. In the battle between Moylan and French, I don't think there's much doubt who came out the winner! :D
Defensively Moylan was poor tonight.
Moylan was touted to be the new lockyer early in his career.He seems to like all the flashy attacking stuff but not so the unflashy defensive stuff.You only need to have watched cronulla the last few years
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE