Squad for Leigh

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Re: Squad for Leigh

Post by josie andrews »

* Wigan squad announced for Thursday’s Betfred Super League Round 7 clash against Leigh Leopards, in association with Matrix Fitness.

* Matt Peet has included Jacob Douglas in the squad.

* Leigh Leopards v Wigan Warriors, Thursday 4 April, 8pm K.O.

MATT PEET HAS SELECTED HIS SQUAD FOR THURSDAY’S BETFRED SUPER LEAGUE ROUND 7 CLASH AGAINST LEIGH LEOPARDS.

Wigan squad for Leigh:

1 Jai Field
2 aAbbas Miski
3 Adam Keighran
4 Jake Wardle
5 Liam Marshall
6 Bevan French
7 Harry Smith
9 Brad o’Neill
11 Willie Isa
12 Liam Farrell
13 Kaide Ellis
15 Patrick Mago
16 Luke Thompson
17 Kruise Leeming
20 Harvie Hill
21 Junior Nsemba
23 Ryan Hampshire
24 Tiaki Chan
26 Zach Eckersley
28 Jacob Douglas

Tickets and travel for Thursday’s clash at Leigh Sports Village remain on general sale, but are extremely limited and can be purchased HERE.

https://wiganwarriors.com/blog/2024/04/ ... r-leigh-4/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

What time is tylers appeal? Not seen leighs squad yet, i reckon there holding back till the decision
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Peet previews Leigh

* Matt Peet spoke to the press ahead of Thursday night’s Betfred Super League clash against Leigh Leopards.

* Peet: “It’s going to be an intense and tough battle so we have to make sure we perform this week.”

* Leigh Leopards v Wigan Warriors, Thursday 4 April, 8pm K.O.

MATT PEET SPOKE TO THE PRESS AHEAD OF WIGAN WARRIORS’ BETFRED SUPER LEAGUE CLASH ROUND 7 CLASH AGAINST LEIGH LEOPARDS.

The Warriors will be aiming to make an immediate return to winning ways at Leigh Sports Village when they meet the Leopards in the first Battle of the Borough clash of the season.

Reflecting on the Rivals Round defeat last time out, Peet said: “You move on quickly and try to concentrate on the lessons we can learn. We put ourselves in a position to win the game but we didn’t get the job done so as players and staff we have to look at why that was.”

Peet was in attendance for the Academy’s victory over St Helens on Easter Saturday, and on the youthful Derby clash, he said: “It was a fantastic game which either side could have won. Both sets of players were fully committed and did themselves proud, which bodes well for the future.”

Looking ahead to Thursday’s fixture against Leigh, Peet said: “It’s an exciting game in its own right. We’ve done alright against Leigh since they were promoted but Thursday night will bring the best out of them. It’s going to be an intense and tough battle so we have to make sure we perform this week.”

On Leigh’s start to the season, Peet said: “People can see why as they’ve had difficulties with injuries. That’s one of the major challenges every squad faces, especially when they come in key positions. It can take time to regain that rhythm and flow, but Leigh are showing signs of that now.”

Tickets for Thursday’s clash at Leigh Leopards remain on general sale from the DW Stadium Ticket Office and online HERE. Please note that there will be no on the day sales from Leigh Leopards.

https://wiganwarriors.com/blog/2024/04/ ... s-leigh-4/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Tyler failed with his appeal.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Firestarter wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 6:26 pm What time is tylers appeal? Not seen leighs squad yet, i reckon there holding back till the decision
Leigh’s squad mate.

https://www.superleague.co.uk/match-centre/preview/4420
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 1:14 am
Firestarter wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 6:26 pm What time is tylers appeal? Not seen leighs squad yet, i reckon there holding back till the decision
Leigh’s squad mate.

https://www.superleague.co.uk/match-centre/preview/4420
Cheers
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
jobo

v's Leigh

Post by jobo »

Did well first few minutes Leigh but reckon we'll pressure squeeze them as the game goes on.
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

Great effort by Miski, ref already showing signs of 6 agains for one side only (I'll let you guess for which side). Scummy elbow from Lam on Thompson missed by ref.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Great try from Bevan