4 More Years of Sir Bevan

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
DaiJones

4 More Years of Sir Bevan

Post by DaiJones »

Great grandad Harry ball

Re: 4 More Years of Sir Bevan

Post by Great grandad Harry ball »

Now that is good news............
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

Sam Tomkins obviously knew something didn't he? :D
Ipinwigan

Post by Ipinwigan »

Great news, he can now become a Wigan Great.
robbobillinge

Post by robbobillinge »

Oh! Joy!
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Unexpected but awesome news
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Thank God it’s finally been released! I was sick of people asking me 🤥 Thought they would have released it last week 😊

Bevan French signs new deal

* Bevan French signs a new four-year deal with the Club.

* 28-year-old secured until the end of the 2028 season.

* French: “I’ve always said since I first arrived here that I’ve evolved as a person and a player.”

WIGAN WARRIORS ARE DELIGHTED TO ANNOUNCE THE CONTRACT EXTENSION OF STAND-OFF BEVAN FRENCH.

The 28-year-old has penned a new four-year deal with the club for the 2025-2028 seasons.

Bevan joined the Warriors halfway through the 2019 season from Parramatta Eels and became an instant hit with supporters, lighting up the competition with his skill and blistering pace from the outset.

In 2022 he broke the record for the most tries scored (7) in a Super League fixture before being substituted on 62 minutes.

Ever-present in 2023, he became the Steve Prescott Man of Steel, earning the right to be called the best player in the competition.

On signing his new deal Bevan French said: “I’ve always said since I first arrived here that I’ve evolved as a person and as a player, and I’ve learned so much from the coaching staff and the other players around me.

“With the talk of where the Club is at now and where it’s going, it’s exciting and you want to strive for a lot of success.

French continued: “It wasn’t a hard decision to make, I’ve built up lots of good relationships here, on and off the field. It was my first option to try and get something sorted out here, and I’m glad we’ve managed to get it done.”

Chief Executive Kris Radlinski said: “We have worked patiently with Bevan to get a deal that pretty much secures the rest of his career at Wigan.

“Ever since Bevan arrived, he has committed himself wholeheartedly to our Club. This is a great gift for the Wigan fans and its Community. We get the privilege of watching one of the most talented players of his generation entertain us for four more years.“

Head Coach Matt Peet added: “Bevan has developed into a major part of this Club and we are all excited to see him continue his journey with Wigan. He is a leader here both on and off the field and he is hungry to improve.

“Bevan is a special player and a special person, it is an honour to coach him.”

Bevan French is sponsored by Di Taylor & Alex Crompton

https://wiganwarriors.com/blog/2024/04/ ... -new-deal/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

As a big thank you I will offer the 2 lads Bevin & Jay Field free fishing on my specimen lake with cats to 69 lbs carp to 35 lbs & other fish to 72 lbs overnight heated cabins . They can contact me at ddtftf@aol.com And no not advertising I have over 130 wanting memberships .
Fan4Fifty

Post by Fan4Fifty »

Brilliant news and now that's settled and announced I think we'll see the very, very best of Bevan.

Also what a welcome change to the retention and recruitment policies by the club - getting the job done effectively in the background without all the will he/won't he drama.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

medlocke wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:53 pm Unexpected but awesome news
Why unexpected?

Miski 4

Field 4

Wardle 5
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan