How can we improve for next year?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Exiled Wiganer

Re: How can we improve for next year?

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

One thing I would say is wait and see. We have a fantastic squad and team, and that is a testimony to Peet’s brilliance. Take Mago for example - Peet has transformed him as a player; he has worked on French and taken him from a brilliant wing this time last year to the best 6 in the competition. My money is on Peet finding skills and developing the talent in the players available to him in ways we could not have imagined. Because everything we see, he sees, and every fault we see, he will find a way to address.

If I were a betting man, I would not rule out seeing O’Neill in the 13 shirt in a year or 2. Peet has turned him into the man who can do it all. As for second rows, Nsemba and Walters replacing Isa and Farrell gradually will give us attacking options everywhere. Lots of things can go wrong in any complicated system, but if you give the resources to people who can make the most of the resources given them that usually ends well.