IMG awards

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
PJC

IMG awards

Post by PJC »

I have read the IMG awards . I noticed that Leigh are grade B as of October last year. I was impressed with their promotion of the game. Driving off the East Lancs there were banners advertising the game and encouraging support, young children on the pitch at half time, fireworks (smoky yes), entertainers, rebranding of the club. What more do they have to do ?
the pieman

Re: IMG awards

Post by the pieman »

PJC wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 8:43 am I have read the IMG awards . I noticed that Leigh are grade B as of October last year. I was impressed with their promotion of the game. Driving off the East Lancs there were banners advertising the game and encouraging support, young children on the pitch at half time, fireworks (smoky yes), entertainers, rebranding of the club. What more do they have to do ?
From memory, they dont have a reserve or academy setup, so a big miss IMO, although not something IMG rated too highly and had much consideration for

i've just looked on their website and it is 1st team only , with a new development pathway

Wigan have 1st team, reserves, ladies, academy, scholarship, disability, wheelchair (just off the top of my head) so just on that front a long way to go before they should be considered A category
fozzie58

Post by fozzie58 »

The grading system is a farce I’m sorry it just is
The artist formally known as fozziekskem
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

fozzie58 wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 9:20 am The grading system is a farce I’m sorry it just is
I agree! Social interaction? But yet nothing regarding regarding the state of of stadia for away fans! Leeds, Castleford & Wakefield!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan