Leeds vs Warrington

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Barney841

Leeds vs Warrington

Post by Barney841 »

Leeds fans booing their team at half time, Smith tenure could becoming to an end.
Don’t think Wigan have anything to worry about with either of these teams.
They no where near the teams they were.
Jonathon Kerr (JK)

Re: Leeds vs Warrington

Post by Jonathon Kerr (JK) »

Have to keep reminding myself it’s not Wigan, every other name is an ex-Wigan player
fozzie58

Post by fozzie58 »

Not sure why Leeds are continuing with Smith he doesn't seem to have much grasp of a solid gameplan and while I think Salford got a very good deal for Ackers and Croft they don't seem to be as effective as they where at Salford,big fish,small pond syndrome with those 2 perhaps im not sure but something isn't right at Leeds.
The artist formally known as fozziekskem
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Rohan Smith is not to blame when the players signed by Hetherington are simply nowhere near good enough.
How Leeds allowed Sam Walters to leave is beyond belief when it comes to levels of poor management.
We've also picked up Leeming who was on their books start of 2023. Sam Eseh is a Leeds lad as far as I know so where were Leeds then. Not to mention Dupree.

Tom Johnsone is a Leeds lad so when he became available Leeds should have been all over him. McMeekin leaving Catalans, where were Leeds when they are so short of props never mind quality ones.

Leeds won't do anything until Hetherington departs.
fozzie58

Post by fozzie58 »

Smith though is very much responsible for tactics, or lack of them sorry for me the bloke aint the man for the job.
The artist formally known as fozziekskem
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

Leeds were poor but wire seem to be finding some form. I'll be interested to see how they go against saints in the cup. The form line through catalans seems to suggest it will be close so perhaps we'll find out how much impact Burgess is having on their performance.
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

fozzie58 wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 10:52 pm Smith though is very much responsible for tactics, or lack of them sorry for me the bloke aint the man for the job.
Correct, like the players Hetherington signed Smith isn't up to the job. When GH signed Rohan Smith most of us thought it was because he was a cheap option.
the pieman

Post by the pieman »

southportcdm wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 12:28 pm Leeds were poor but wire seem to be finding some form. I'll be interested to see how they go against saints in the cup. The form line through catalans seems to suggest it will be close so perhaps we'll find out how much impact Burgess is having on their performance.
to be fair i thought it was a poor game between 2 poor teams and Wire werent that good to beat Leeds. I actually turned if off just after half time as i'd seen enough and watched Cas v Salford
WarriorWinger

Post by WarriorWinger »

I actually thought they were booing the referee as the fans were not happy about a number of decisions in the first half
the pieman

Post by the pieman »

WarriorWinger wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 10:15 am I actually thought they were booing the referee as the fans were not happy about a number of decisions in the first half
They were

the Handley break where he was caught and 2nd man in then pushed him over the touch line in the main one, and did a Leeds player get binned but Wire player did similar and got nowt (was bored watching the game, so didnt pay loads of attention), plus the usual 40 mins per half of forrrarrrd (

what is more worrying is that the Leeds team was virtually full strength 1-17 with only the winger and Nicholson in 2nd row not with starting shirts, and then 2 off the bench (Nicholson would be one of them), and thats a poor a leeds side as i've seen for many a year